Ovarian cyst removal after birth?

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience of this? Got to talk to the gp about it at 6 week check, the obs team at the hospital want me in to remove them when Bertie's about 6 months old.

Am going to ask for it to be done under epidural if possible. One I can stay awake and make sure they don't take the whole ovaries but also would like it done as outpatient or as near as possible to get home to Albert. Really can't see my OH coping on his own for very long, if I have to stay in I might get mum to have Albert overnight.

I want it sorted before we start ttc again xxxxxxxx

Hi hun I had a cyst drainage last yr via laparoscopy, was meant to cyst removal, but when they got in they said it could just be drained and then it collapsed. Pretty sure they cant do it via epidural, think they will have to put you under, it's fairly routine though and they would never take an ovary unless no other choice, I was out the hospital the next day and was up and about within a few days and fully recovered by 4weeks, I'd say if you are having any pain, get it done sooner rather than later, I am so glad I had mine done and I was pregnant within 3 months :)

I had an operation for something else, they did it under general anaesthetic but I was a day patient. Went in at 7.30am and was home by 4pm. I am not sure what your op would involve but they might be able to do something similiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back