Our wee man, Brody

Olive

Reaction score
Our wee man, Brody was born on Friday, 13th January at 3.03pm. He weighed 8lb, 11oz and was delivered via c section after a failed induction.

We are in love :love:

Induction

I was booked in to be induced (at pretty short notice - decision made on the Monday) on Wednesday, 11th January due to slightly raised BP and PAPPP; a pregancy skin rash I developed, which was unbearably itchy!

From the Wednesday to Thursday, I had a 24 hour prostaglandin pessary inserted and 2 prostaglandin gels, but failed to dilate at all. Initially they told me on the Thursday night I had reached 1cm dilated, but when I was examined on the Friday morning, she told me that I wasn't dilated :wall:

As I had 2 gels, I was told the next one would need to be inserted by a doctor (mw had done previous - you can get up to 4). The doctor examined me on the Friday morning and offered me a rest day or the chance to have a c section. TBH I was knackered with it all and jumped at the chance of a c section. I found the examinations really sore.

As it turns out, I would of needed a c section regardless, as Brody was facing upwards and the way he was positioned, meant it would have been difficult for him to move down and for my cervix to dilate.

C Section

God, I pooed my pants after making that decision! :roll: I text OH to come in and was eventually told that I was booked in for 2pm. It was classed as an emergency c section due to my health being at risk (fortunately not lo's), but I was told if someone else came in that was a real emergency iykwim, I'd be held back.

We were taken down and OH had to sit in a wee room and wait whilst I was prepped. I went into this room with a table in the middle and massive lights above it, scales in the corner etc. Really clinical looking. Rhianna was playing on CD player lol (think I'll have weird flash backs when I hear some of the songs now!).

They told me the spinal block would be quick, but it wasn't going right. It was horrible. I had to sit on the bed leaning forward and not move so he could get a needle inbetween the bones in my spine. I wasn't suppose to feel it but it kept hitting nerves and I was like a big baby making noises as I kept thinking they'd paralyse me lol. Plus leaning forward on bump was not nice and I could feel baby squirming. I thought I was going to pass out. So that took about 25 mins in the end and someone went to tell OH things were taking a bit longer than usual so he starting pooing himself too.

Once the spinal block was in and I was wired up to things, they tested with a cold water spray to check I was numb. I actually felt a bit like I had a brick on my chest.

Then they told me I was getting a catheter put in. I couldn't feel it at all.

Then I heard a razor (lol! I'd shaved as well) and they were brushing that stuff on. Then I had an anaethetist (sp) in my face the whole time explaining what was happening. He was really nice. So it was like "now they've just started", "now they're nearly at the last layer" (boke) :puke:, "now you'll hear a suction noise, that's just your waters". I thought I was going to pass out the whole time lol. Then I heard someone comment on the size of him. Lol. Then I felt them push from the top of my stomach and he was out. They pulled him over the screen and dangled him in front of me and all I could see were a pair of balls and fluid was dripping on my face and stinging my eyes! Lol. He started crying and they took him to weigh him. He then shat all on the consultant lol and was passed to OH whilst I was sewed up and dazed and confused.

I had staples all along my stomach underneath my deflated beach ball.

There we have it, Brody was born :dance:

After care

The first night I was stuck in bed cause of catheter. It was really frustrating as I couldn't move or pick up Brody if he cried. I had to buzz someone to do it and change his nappy etc :(

I was sitting at night and felt like I had blood coming out of me down below :oooo: That's when I realised I had no knickers on and it was blood. I had pads in between my legs and was lying on a large pad. Ah the glamour. I didn't even know.

There were 4 beds in the room and I must have shared with about 9 people as people came and went.

The next morning, they removed my catheter (I'd filled 2 bags) and I had to do a bambi walk to the shower, holding the pads inbetween my legs. I don't know how I thought a section would feel but I've personally found it to be really sore. They cut through stomach muscles and its hard to get up or stand up for long without feeling total pain. In saying that, my cousins have had them and not found them bad. Maybe I've got a low pain threshold.

The first look of myself in the mirror - lol. Jesus it's like a big flap or flab of skin. I look like someones put a pin in me. As soon as you stand, gravity helps all that blood and the biggest clot came out when I was in the shower. The size of my palm!

Following my c section, I was in hospital until the Monday, when I discharged myself :roll: I have had high BP since Brody was born and have been diagnosed with post partum hypertension. My BP has been up to 190 something / 109. I hated being in hospital and found the mw's to be really judgemental if I'm honest, with conflicting information. Although admitedly I've been terribly hormonal (hence my recent absence). I had to go back in on Wednesday as my BP crept up again (argh!) and have since been on medication.

Since this Thursday (it's Saturday), I have been feeling much more myself though.

I can't describe my love for our boy. He is just scrummy and I could (and do) cry just looking at him. He is perfect.

Sorry if I went on a bit! Hope everyone is doing well.

xxxx

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
He's lovely - so cute - glad you are starting to feel better x

Awww hon, glad you're starting to feel better now. He is absolutely gorgeous and perfect! congrats xxxxx

He looks adorable, congratulations!:)

aww thats a massive story, we missed your cheery self round tri 3 hun, glad all is getting better and your little boy is amazing!

Amazing birth story - you did amazingly. Brody is amazing.

How's the feeding going? I hope you're not being too hard on yourself.

Also - I got your PM last week, thank you :hugs: Life, as you know, all a bit crazy with a small one x

Congrats again! Hope you are on the mend xxx

My gosh your after c section stuff sounds terrible! And staples too you poor thing! Must admit I had a hard time with the midwives and had to look after Tyler that night by myself with no help but that influenced me to get up more the next day as I wasn't having another night like that lol! He is gorgeous! Glad to see you back!!

Your story is beautiful and so is your little boy!! Well done and hope you are feeling better,

Congratulations

BB Xxxxx

Your story is beautiful, your poor sole going through all that though. Brody is beautiful :)
Glad you finally have LO in your arms xx

Thanks so much ladies.

Feeding is going ok thanks. Although, today he has had a lot more than I thought he would need. May be posting about this soon for advice!

xxx

Just looking at him makes it all worth it, beautiful baby. Congratulations you done fab xx

:rofl: "all I could see was a pair of balls!!" Oh that made me laugh lol.

He is soo cute, congratulations :)

Lol thanks. God that sounds awful now! X

Wow what a birth story. Well done hun, you did amazingly well.
He is just beautiful.,congratulations. Xxx :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back