Ouchie!

AgentM

Reaction score
Poor Oliver! He has the worst case of nappy rash ever! It literally looks like a burn. All sore and swollen and bleeding :-(

I tried him with some follow on milk yesterday - we are going away and thought it might be easier to keep a bottle of that with us than worrying about cows milk. He liked it so much, he had a second helping. I do hope it wasn't that that set it off. I'd never forgive myself for giving him so much without checking that he was ok with it first. He's only ever had breastmilk and cows milk before. And now I've tasted that follow on milk, it's so rich!

The poor boy refused to sit down and spent 2 hours lounging on the sofa with no nappy on watching telly. That is soooo unlike him! The morning nappy was so bad, with concrete poo stuck to it. I had to soak it off and he screamed all the way through. I think a trip to Boots is in order tomorrow. May try some Bepanthen - only have Sudocrem in the house.

I find that Bepanthen works brilliantly for sore nappy rash, it seems to clear up Rosie's teething nappy rash after a couple of applications and especially if put on overnight. In between I would use a good barrier cream :)

I swear by bebanthen. Hope it clears up soon

give him a nice warm bath for about an hour it will help the rash zander gets it like this we changed his napies to huggies too which helped x x

We only use bepanthem, AJ is allergic to sudocrem?
I swear by it.
Hope his lil bum is better soon. x

give him a nice warm bath for about an hour it will help the rash zander gets it like this we changed his napies to huggies too which helped x x
Bath for an hour? He lasted about 20 seconds before the all out screaming started and we had to get the poor baby out! :-( He has raw patches now, where the skin has striped off. Bloody awful.

o dear! sounds really bad bless him!! shame he didnt stay in the bath zander gets to the point where it bleeds but i find its the only thing that helps you could give him some calpol and just try the bepanthon like the other girls suggested x x x x

It might be worth seeing the doc, they may give you an alternative cream if the skin is raw and he is in pain. If its very bad they might put a special dressing on it? Bless him, really hope it heals quickly :)

oh poor oliver that sounds horrible!! katie tends to get a sore bum when she's got a tooth coming, it bleeds it gets that bad :( i swear by metanium for it tho, although it does stain if you get it on anythin, it wrecked my changing mat!! hope he feels better soon xx

i used sudocream once on my son and never again! it made his bum bleed and sore, it was horrid, when applying it, it was like i was peeling his skin off!

defo bepantham all the way...great for tattoos too lol

i used sudocream once on my son and never again! it made his bum bleed and sore, it was horrid, when applying it, it was like i was peeling his skin off!

Cool, I'll remember this, since I'm about to get a new tattoo!!!:)

Preparation H is good for tats!

i dont like sudocream either has made both of my kids bums bleed i like savlon its great x

I used preparation H for my tattoo. I was 18 and was too embarrassed to go buy PILE cream so went home and asked my mum too. She :rofl: then said sod off you've just had a strange man looking down your bum crack for the past 2 hours buy it yourself :oops: (just for clarification tattoo is on bottom of my back not my bum)

Preparation H is good for tats!
Yes, I used Prep H for all my other tats. Stops that sodding itching in it's tracks!!

How is his little bottie now? Hope its better? :)
It's so much better now thanks. Just stuck with Sudocrem and it's done the job. I still feel so, so guilty for being shor when he wouldn't stop screaming. I jst didn't know what was wrong with him and didn't think to check his bum. HIs nappy didn't smell at all. I just keep seeing that little red, snotty face all crumpled up and crying, all the time his little bum was burning :cry:It was days ago now and I still feel bad.

Glad his bottie is better. Don't feel bad, you didn't know. :hug:
My nephews bottie was like that and needed canesten from the GP.

Yup, bepanthen is now recommended by tattooists instead of Prep H.
I've got 3 tat's, the last one which I used Bep on healed alot faster and was a lot less itchy.

Don't feel bad :hug: So glad it's better. Sudocrem's always worked really well for us... never tried anything else. If he had a poo in the night and went back to sleep it was probably just that in contact with his skin for a while rather than the milk. Sam only had breast milk until he was 1 then had Aptamil growing up milk because he wouldn't drink cows milk (my milk dried up because I was 3 months pregnant) and he's been fine with that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back