Milk intake questions

Tonks

Reaction score
Niamh is on 4 6oz bottles now.

Morning wakeup
Morning Nap
Afternoon Nap
Bedtime

She loves her milk, and I'm a bit reluctant to cut it down but what do you guys think? Is this too much at 12 months?

We'll be moving onto cows milk soon, so she'll get two bottle of cows milk and two bottles of follow on milk.

Also, the switch to cows milk - how did you guys do it?

Can't believe we're at this point already! :lol:

i'd let her have as much as she wants, she'll naturally drop it when she's ready. katie has 2 8oz bottles a day, she didnt drop to that til like 11 months.

as for the switch, i woke up one morning and hadnt made a bottle up the night before, so just whacked some fullfat milk in a bottle and she drank it! from there we never went back!! hadnt meant to do it when i did, but it just naturally happened!!

Let her have it. I wish Hebe would drink more. We get 9oz down her at night and 6 ish in the morning (both in sippy cups) if we are lucky.

We literally swapped from one to the other. She didnt even notice :)

Thanks girls!

She had her first bottle of cows milk this morning and loved it :yay:

It's so much easier to use cows milk :rofl: Really wish I could have BFed longer as I hate making up bottles :rofl:

Do any of you girls give follow-on milk?

I gave follow on briefly. I got a tin when I first fell pregnant because BFing was horrific! My nips were so sensitive in the evenings so I could manage to feed her myself in the morning but not at night. Once she'd finished that we went to cows milk. It's looooads easier than formula isnt it!

yay thats great!! we used follow on from 6 months, but never used the growing up stuff. its so so much easier!! although i really got into the habit of making bottles, i have to think really hard when making up ella's bottles, i keep putting in 8 scoops instead of 4 :lol:

Amelia had 1year+ milk from 12months till around 14months old.

She wouldn't take cows milk at all so i had to make up part formula and part cows milk. Increasing the quantities of the cows milk each time. It is a lot easier with cows milk but it seems to cost a lot more!

I think they should have between 15 and 24oz per day at Niamh's age so what she is having is fine :)

Amelia gets 5oz @ 10am......5oz @ 2pm......6oz @ 7pm.

:D

I'd let her have as much as she wants.

AJ is having growing up milk atm. He's had some cows milk but tbh his food intake isnt up to scratch so just want to give him that bit extra. He has 8oz am and pm and occasionally an extra few oz through the day.

i too say give her what she wants honey, they gradually drop them. we're now down to 7oz @ breakfast and bedtime, with sometimes an afternoon nap if she wants it. i just give it when she wants it. we carried on using the aptamil toddler milk when she got to a year, as i was happy with the good things i'd read about it and she has a mixture of cow's milk and formula - normally cows during the day and formula at night.

with regards to getting her onto cow's milk, i just tried it out, and did 1 feed per day with it, tbh i don't think she no's the difference, maddi has always loved her milk!

I have a milk monster here :D Still at 2 years old :lol:

Thanks girls :) She seems to be dropping her late afternoon nap and bottle over the last two days. Normally she naps at 11am for 1-2 hours then again at 3pm for 1-2 hours again, then down for bed at 7pm.

We did a straight swap onto cows milk and she loves it.

I'm going to try over the next week or so to stop her having a bottle at night after she's brushed her teeth, and hopefully get her to take one before she's brushed. I haven't quite figured out how yet :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back