Sickness and Diarhoea

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
Well I've been up since 4am, and before that every hour. Ross had really loose stools yesterday to the point where his nappy just doesn't contain it! I thought it might have been down to us changing his milk onto a follow on (we wanted to see if he could manage without the staydown milk). But this morning it seems he may have a virus! We've already had two nappies (and changes of clothes) so I felt I needed to give him something to eat, keep up his fluids and flush him out a bit. I've gone back to his staydown milk which he had last night which he guzzled down this morning, but I've just worn the whole bottle. Not reflux! I've given him a few sips of cooled boiled water since (all he'll take as he's not a fan of water), should I stick to milk and water for now or do I still give him his usual meals (using a blander option).
Apart from a couple of wee colds he's never been unwell. He's still playing and even straight after he was sick he had a huge smile for me! Any tips to help?

Last edited:
Personally i would just stick with milk and water since she's still pretty young.

With the milk, best way to get it down him is to give 1oz or 2oz at a time and space it out, then its not too much for his tummy to handle.

As long as he is having plenty of wet (wee) nappies then its ok for him not to be taking much, if he's really struggling, pop to the pharmacy and see if you can give him some Dioralyte to get him rehydrated. Im not sure how old they have to be for that though.

Thanks for replying! He went down for a nap this morning and seemed a bit better since then. No more significant sickness since but still very runny nappies. He's taking the milk no problem but like you said I've reduced it to little and often. He's not a fan of water but I'm sneaking in a little sip here and there. Hopefully he's over the worst now. I hate those times at early-o'clock when it feels so lonely and all a bit confusing, and overwhelming. Lack of sleep I suppose!

Awwww poor Ross! I would also stick to fluids, let his little tummy get back to normal before perhaps aggravating it with anything. Hope the wee boy is better soon and gives mummy and daddy some sleep xxx

Thanks Erin, he's having a big nap just now which is his usual so hoping he's feeling more like himself when he gets up. Made an oopsie though! Of course I posted on FB about being up early and him not being well. Well OH's mum just text to say his sister saw my post on FB and how was he (she had him yesterday avo). You know what it's like without sleep, get through the day and hope for the best, it never crossed my mind to text her!

Oops!!!! I'm sure she will understand! When you've not had alot of sleep it's so hard isn't it? Personally I think looking after a baby us worst thing to do when tired! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back