Ouch.. Red Raw Thrush..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
How many of you lucky women got/have thrush!?

Ive never had it before and OH MY GOD ITS HELL

[TMI here.]

All of the skin around my clit/ clit hood is red raw. It doesnt itch, it HURTS. Walking, Sitting, Laying down, Rolling over in bed.. Hell even sitting still !

Ive had it for like a week, And got.. Clotrimazole Cream from the GP, Im hoping that will clear it up, But it doesnt provide any relief in the mean time! The only way ive been able to get to sleep is to lay in the bath for an hour first so it calms down, then dive into bed and hope i fall asleep within half an hour before it starts again!

Helps :( ?

Cant say ive ever had it but dont they say natural yogurt or something like that?

Might cool it down a bit? :( xxx

The cream should sooth it when you put it on aswell as tackle the thrush. If not you could try using bio yoghurt in between using the cream? And try letting air to the area whenever you can. :) sorry im not much help i used to get it alot but i used to just use the cream constantly to sooth it. Although your not ment to x

Ohhhh the nasty thrush :( horrible thing! I got caneston cream hun and really helped me.. Was very cooling xx

Put bio and make sure it's bio otherwise it won't work yoghurt down there and eat some too so the natural bacteria is working inside and out - avoid sugar as it fules the thrush and anything with yeast in ie marmite and go easy on bread pasta ect and beers... Also drink loads of cranbury - I know it's ment to be for a uti but it will flush you out so when you pee it won't sting as much you can also get a pessary from the docs when pregnant that's a god send!! Lol as you can tell I have had thrush many times before and it's a bitch!!! Lol x x x

Hey guys,

Thanks I will get some bio yogurt tomorrow when I am at the shops again. Ive found putting the cream on actually stings a bit rather than soothing, So I always put it one just after ive got out of the bath (Yeah im having half baths 4 times a day at the moment) so that it doesnt sting. As for air.. That seemed to help the first couple of days, but now it just seems to dry the skin and makes it more sore, so I gave up on that especially after a close up mirror check (Had to lol) showed that there are some cracks in the skin where its dried and gone raw with the thrush.

I had the pessary too, it cleared it up and it never came back. If you are still having a problem with it I would recommend you ask your GP for one, it will clear it up from inside :)

iv had it off and on for about 6wks now i cant use the cream as im allergic and dr wont prescribe the other one as im preggy i swear by cranberry juice i have about half a litre every day i have the burning feeling no itching and find if i have the juice it very easy to live with im gona speak to midwife tomoz tho about it as i cant keep up with the cranberry because it pushing my blood sugars to high

Last week I had really bad itching and soreness. I just made sure to give my self a wash down there each time I went to the loo and I found if I didn't wear underwear to bed it also really helped. It's stopped now thankfully, but it's really irritating when it happens.

You can use the pessary's.

Go to your GP and ask them to precribe it to you as they are not cheap over the counter.

I suffered with thrush for 6 months almost constantly, in the end what cleared it up was using 1 pessary once a week for 3 weeks. The cream helped with the itching. Hope this helps :)

If it doesnt clear up with the cream ill ask about the pessary, howver its only external, and very clitoral based rather than vaginal so dont know if it would help

I get it a lot, especially if I take antibiotics, so I totally sympathise!! I used to end up sitting with a cold flannel between my legs a lot of the time :) Try not to be 'too clean' down there too - sounds weird but shower gels etc can irritate it even more - and defo no bath bubbles!!
Hope it goes soon hun, I found the only thing that works for me is the oral tablet but don't know if you're allowed it in pregnancy... x

Ooh will try a cold flannel becky! And im just using lukewarm water, always have done cause I have sensitive skin anyway

Hey hon, I had it on and off all through Tri 1 and used bio yougurt which soothed it. Doc prescribed canestan pessaries in the end and it's not come back for 3 weeks so fingers crossed it cleared up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back