scary day , rushed to epu

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by chantilly, Dec 21, 2011.

1. chantilly

chantilly Well-Known Member

what a day not only am i feeling crappy with a cold and run down as hell i ended up being rushed to epu today

spent the first half of the morning wrapping pressies on my bed and noticed i had back ache went down to the loo i wiped and there was a load of bright red blood.

ive been having pains the last few days and still cant find babes heartbeat on the doppler so this really freaked me out.

i tried callingmy midwife then the number on my book then they said call epu who said doctor or midwife first .my midwife finally got back to me and did an urgent refferal to epu.

Thankfully baby was fine ...i didnt get to see much of the scan as she hardly shew me ...oh managed to see all of it though and said the baby was jumping around all over the place. the breif look i did get was of babes face again and saw it do one jump.

the doc examined me after and my cervix was tightly shut and thick so thats all good

2. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

Oh my how scary! So glad to read ll is well with ur little one :hugs: xx

3. reillybaby1987

reillybaby1987 Well-Known Member

ohhh what a scary thing to go through, glad everything was alright though, did they say why there was blood or maybe it's just normal? xx

4. DeeLT

DeeLT Well-Known Member

That sounds really scary... sorry you had to go through that. Glad all is well though xxx

5. tillzy69

tillzy69 Well-Known Member

Oh gosh what a day you've had! Glad everything is alright with you and baby!

6. chantilly

chantilly Well-Known Member

She said they couldnt see any reason for the blood and everything looked positive so just put it down to unexplained bleeding

7. babyelmo

babyelmo Well-Known Member

Oh no, how scary for you. I'm so glad you're both ok though. This unexplained bleeding is awful isn't it. It would be so much easier if we knew why it happened. Hopefully it won't happen again :hug:

8. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

omg i couldnt think of anything worse, glad all is ok now and least you got to see bubba again x

9. aliciabubba

aliciabubba Well-Known Member

glad you and baby are ok! x

10. sammi7

sammi7 Well-Known Member

Glad everything is ok hun xx

11. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

aww im glad all is well there hun, ive had unexplained bleeding 3 times, bright red but only on wipeing and each time all has been fine, cervix is tightly shut etc. last time was at 28 weeks on my birthday lol but i didnt even call the mw then as it was the same as the last 2 times and i had no pain etc. mine seems to coincide with growth spurts of my lo so baby is always quiet and lazy when they happen. its bloody terrifying aint it