• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oslo

isobel84

Reaction score
When will these wars stop? On the news this morning they said 80ppl dead in the shooting, I had to watch it again n they def said 80, is that possible from 1 man? Surley they ment 8?

I think bombing Oslo is a way to tell the world no1 is safe

Now they said 84. :( the bomb killed 7.l but. Looks like it took out the whole town!

I know, its awful, i saw this on the news last night they were saying around 15 dead altogether and woke up this morning to find 84, how awful, imagine those poor kids stuck on an island :(

They think it was all one man, how evil :( and all to do with politics, makes you so angry.

There was a seperate shooting yesterday as well as the boming wasn't there?

Its awful :( I can't understand it all. Why do people feel the need to do such horrible things.

Apparently there was alot of teenagers caught up in the shooting :(

ye the shooting was on a separate island, it was a camping event for young people :( so awful.

Last edited:
They reckon the same guy is responsible for both attacks - apparently he's a ring-wing Christian extremist.

So sad all those poor people :(

So sad :-( my thoughts are with the relatives of the dead and the survivors :-(

It's so sad. They said he was walking about the island shooting people for upto 2 hours before the police got there! Those people must have been terrified! X

And he was dressed as a police man - sick fuck!

Have they the death sentance in Norway? If not I suggest they temporarilly reinstate it...

I apologize I asumed it was revenge for having troups in Afghanistan but its not.

It's not nice, I want to hear what he got to say for himself. I don't.condone attacks like this what so ever and looking at the pictures of my neighbor contry is devestating but we have to remember some ppl live with this fare of dying, being bombed, shot down - everyday. BBC just don't show it.

Just watched the news with the pics of the young summer campers hiding on the rocks and swimming for they're lives!! how awful its made me cry!!!

This is truly disturbing.
And Amy Winehouse is instead top news? Makes me sick.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have suffered from this act of insanity.
What is wrong with the world? xxx

Apparently 84 children died? :( I'm not sure if that's true but no doubt children were victims.

Last edited:
Its appaling and so sad :( I cant believe some much devestation was caused :(

This is truly disturbing.
And Amy Winehouse is instead top news? Makes me sick.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have suffered from this act of insanity.
What is wrong with the world? xxx

Religion!! It's always the cause! If only everyone would wake up and believe in what there eyes see rather than what is written is books, all this would be gone xx

Its just crazy .. its awful

Amy Winehouse takes "priority" because she's a celeb and celebs are seen as "untouchable" so therefore easier for people to deal with and comprehend, whereas these deaths are all too "real" iykwim? I hope that makes sense!!

I don't think its got anything to do with religion really. No religion that I know of condone violence and I think ppl will start realise this now. Before its mainly been Muslims that have done the terror attacks, that have lead to Muslims getting a bad reputation even tho prob 99.99% of the Muslims don't agree, don't support and in no way stand behind terrorism.
In Oslo it was a Christian man shooting and setting up the bomb, I don't think Christians will get the blame.

I blame politics for terrorism. There is crazy ppl in our world, there are evil ppl aswell, they would still be here if the religions disapaire. In my opinion ppl should be careful to point there fingers at religion when there's terrorist attCks, ppl already suffer enough, innocent ppl that practise there religion in peace get pointed at.
I wish my parents where religious n raised me Christian, I wish I belived in something higher.

Hi guys, I'm Norwegian (staying in England atm) and I've been watching the news all day today and yesterday.
The nation is shocked, and aparantly so is a lot of the rest of the world.

Religion was not behind it, but political ideologies. He claims he is a Christian, but based on these acts he is obviously not. It's been planned for months... It appears the bomb might have been just a distraction to let him more easily shoot down more people at the island. The victims at the Island were members of the Labour party youth organisation and they were having a youth camp/rally at the Island which they do every year. So far 85 youth have been confirmed killed by the shooting, 4-5 more are missing (many were in the water and were shot as they were swimming away from the island in an attempt to escape, so they are searching with divers and mini subs as there could be more victims in the water) The man behind it all is a right wing extreme-ist who is anti multiculturalism and very concerned about islamism. The labour party in many ways embrace multiculturalism... He sent out a manuscript of a book he's written only one hour before the attacks. The book is about his ideologies, about the attack, about how to spread the book and more. By the sound of what he writes in the book he is also not alone in all of this (alone in the terror attack, but not in his ideologies and goals) and that is what scares me the most. We can of course not know if that is true or if he just wants to spread more fear.

Another thing that freaks me out is that he didn't shoot himself after and that he surrendered himself to the police the moment they arrived at the Island. This is all very calculated and planned and not just the wild acts of a temporarily insane human being.

I could probably write about this for hours.. so I'll just stop there.. but if anyone have any answers please feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back