Oscar Stewart Vernalls 7.3.14 00.51 7lb 14

I wouldn't worry about routine yet, Amelia is six weeks & still wakes every hour and a half :(

Ahh beautiful, congratulations! Xxx

So beautiful hun big congratulations.

Michelle.x

I wouldn't know, my boobs have never worked properly. Lol. Bath time? How do you manage that too! Emma's been bathed about 5 times since she's been born! And the odd hair and behind the ears clean after a spew.

I saw in one of your other posts that Oscar is partially tongue tied. How did you know? My mother in law thinks Emma might be but I haven't managed to get to GP yet. I don't think she is, but she does have a hard time feeding and gets so fed up she just goes to sleep. Probably just lazy like her daddy though.

If you look under her tongue when she cries, there should be a little peice of skin holding her tongue back - most pediatricians would pick it up on the first baby check however if you google images of tongue tie you'll see what I mean

Thanks, I don't think she does. She sticks it out really far. How are you doing?

Good :) my episiotomy is hurting - midwife checked it and said it looks ok - but I'm not convinced so going to doctors in Monday I think - it looks very open at the end closet to my foof - showed hubby for first time today to get his opinion

He went white and his words were 'fuck I didn't realise the cut was that bad! You've got a whole new Designer vagina '

I was like....cheers babe ......

How are you and Emma? How you finding school run etc? X

Good :) my episiotomy is hurting - midwife checked it and said it looks ok - but I'm not convinced so going to doctors in Monday I think - it looks very open at the end closet to my foof - showed hubby for first time today to get his opinion

He went white and his words were 'fuck I didn't realise the cut was that bad! You've got a whole new Designer vagina '

I was like....cheers babe ......

How are you and Emma? How you finding school run etc? X

I had an episiotomy and third degree tear with my first. Gotta say the recovery from that was worse than recovering from a section. You are using the area more, so longer to heal! I remember the hv checking mine and saying " oooo, look you've got 3 holes now!" Lol. The stitches at the end came out too early :-/

You might need a course of antibiotics.

We're good. Had Emma weighed on weds, and she's finally past her birth weight. Up to 9lb5! Woo hoo. Long and skinny though. Still to master the school run!

Oscar went from 7 14 to 7 7 and a week later shot up to 8 8! Little chunk!

Oh god don't say that :( I'm praying it all heals ok - it will really get me down if it doesn't and I'll end up depressed etc!

I weighed 9 5 when I was born - was so glad when they told me he weighed 7 14 when I was in theatre getting stitched up! :lol:

I'm sure as Emma gets abit older the school run will work a lot easier :) is she doing ok through the nights etc? :)

Emma went from 8lb12.5 down to 8lb1 which was worrying, before gaining. My first was 9lb3, so Emma now only a little over that and she seems huge now. Was my 9lb3 baby that caused my damage. I'm sure you will be fine. I don't have any pain with sections, thus the episiotomy was worse.

Oh and sleeping, yes she's pretty good at night. We still have that 'witching hour' from about 7 till 9/10ish, but last night she slept from 9:30 till 2, fed then slept till 4.just wanted a cuddle then she was back to sleep till 7. I'm crossing my fingers she sleeps through sooner rather than later. Jack slept through from 7 weeks, Madeline was 3 years!

You getting much sleep?

For the last 3/4 nights I've been feeding him at 10.30 ish then he's been waking at 1.30iss then 5.30.. Then he will doze next to me ached his 5.30 feed untill about 7 /8 before we get up

I think I've had a lot more sleep than I was expecting lol

Whats a witching hour? :/

For the last 3/4 nights I've been feeding him at 10.30 ish then he's been waking at 1.30iss then 5.30.. Then he will doze next to me ached his 5.30 feed untill about 7 /8 before we get up

I think I've had a lot more sleep than I was expecting lol

Whats a witching hour? :/

Witching hour is when they go crazy for no known reason and just can't settle. I didn't have it with the other two, was awful to start with. I thought I'd hurt her and not realised. Then I telling people and they were like 'ah yes, the witching hour'. Even the midwife and health visitor.

Oh right. I don't know if Oscar has one- he's more unsettled in the evenings but that's his colic/wind I think

We went to bed at mid night and he woke up at 4.30 and 8 for a feed - it's 10am and still in bed haha - he's asleep next to us and we are just chilling watching TV

Oh right. I don't know if Oscar has one- he's more unsettled in the evenings but that's his colic/wind I think

We went to bed at mid night and he woke up at 4.30 and 8 for a feed - it's 10am and still in bed haha - he's asleep next to us and we are just chilling watching TV

I reckon the whole witching hour thing is to do with colic. Spoke to the hv about it and she told me to get Aptamil comfort. Got it today and it's specifically for colic, fingers crossed it works!

You're so lucky with the sleep in's! Back to the school run tomorrow. Gotta be up and feeding by 6:45 to get them in on time. My son has a gymnastics tournament at 7am that I have to go watch on Thursday too. Think I'll have to be up by 5 that morning!

Good god- you are like super mum!

I couldn't imagine having a newborn with another child at the moment... I swear I used to say I wanted a big family being 1 if 5 but I seriously think I may just stick with Oscar and that's it haha

I've heard aptamil is a good formula for colic etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back