OPK help please

Trina

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have started using opks this month and am a bit confused! I am using one with two lines (as the digi is so expensive) and got a positive on Tuesday evening, which I think means I should ovulate between Tuesday and yesterday.

I used another one on Wednesday (just to check) and it was negative, although I think the test was faulty as the control line came out a bit streaky and not that dark (although the test line wasn't as dark as the control line).

I had cramps on Wednesday and yesterday which I usually get around ovulating which I thought was good and used another opk last night and that was positive again.

However, my temperature dropped this morning and it is supposed to go up after ovulation, so I'm wondering whether I have messed up the opks or if not which one do I use to guess when I ovulated/how many DPOs I am? Do I go off the first positive or the last positive or somewhere in between? I have really confused myself now.

Thank you ladies x

I was about to advise you to go off your first positive but then your temping bit confused me. You can have the hormone surge that gives a positive opk without actually ovulating so maybe you had a surge but didn't ovulate and this time your temp will go up and stay up now you've had a second positive? I dunno. If I were you I'd see what my temp suggests in the morning. Maybe that'll help you figure things out? OPKs are rubbish. I hate them. Have to though coz I'm taking EPO so need an idea of ov and not organised enough for temping!!! Aaaarrrhhh!! Why do we put ourselves through it?!?!?? xxx

Edit: just realised you did the temping after not before your last positive opk so don't think my post made any sense!! Sorry!!! x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back