OPK as HPT? How dark should it be in that case??

Lewa

Reaction score
Hi guys! I know a few of you have gotten positive OPK's before your period is due, and then find out your pregnant. I'm between 7 and 9 dpo I think, and have been proper nauseous for a couple of days, and today it feels like someone's pinching me right below the skin in my lower abdomen. The day before yesterday I couldn't fall asleep for hours, which pretty much never happens to me.

Did an OPK yesterday, which was faint, but darker than non ovulation days, and took a new one today in the afternoon, which is darker than yesterday. Still not dark enough to be a positive OPK though from what I understand, although the side of it seems as dark as the control line.

Here's the one I took a couple of hours ago:
00BLE.jpg

How does this seem to you ladies?? I'm on holiday and didn't bring any HPT's because I'd get home before I could test anyway, but we're staying half a week longer than planned, so now I'm wondering if maybe I should go buy a HPT! Thoughts?

I don't think there is any point in buying a hpt to be honest because opks do seem to test earlier than hpts by a few days.

Whether or not the opk is indicating pregnancy really deoends on how reliable they are for you personally.

If you get no line all cycle expect for when you are ovulating, then it is more promising.

If you can see a line at random intervals during your cycle, but darker on OV, then maybe they won't be so relaible to detect pregnancy...

Fingers crossed for you, but you might as well chill out and enjoy it before you have to come home and then you can worry about a hpt ;)

well, I've been testing quite often througout the cycle, and except the day I think I got a positve OPK I could barely see the test line (both before and after ovulation)
The thing is, our holiday is with my inlaws, and I can't help but think how nice it would be to be able to tell them in person if I actually am pregnant! They live 5 hours by plane ffrom where we live, and we probably won't see them again in about a year! We leave Tuesday night, so maybe I can try a HPT Monday and/or Tuesday morning...

Ive just posted a thread about a half positive opk and this is exactly what mine looks like. I am still unsure of what my cycle is as its messed up due to mc in Feb but did think I ov last week sometime! Would love it to be an indication of bfp but not so sure tbh!

Ive just posted a thread about a half positive opk and this is exactly what mine looks like. I am still unsure of what my cycle is as its messed up due to mc in Feb but did think I ov last week sometime! Would love it to be an indication of bfp but not so sure tbh!

Sorry to hearr about your MC :(

I saw your thread too! :) My OPK that I counted as positive on cycle day 17 looked pretty much as the one I have on this picture. I wish I hadn't thrown away my other OPK's now, cause then I can't post a comparison to the really really faint ones!

I had my positive OPK 10 days ago, so it's certainly not insane to think this could be detection of hcg I think.. I've also had ewcm for three days now, so either I'm ovulating really really late, or this could be happy news ... :) fx

There are deffo 2 lines this is wot my opks looked like after my mc as i still had pregnancy hormones in my body. i would but a fr test is you want to share your news fx for you hun xxx

ok i can see them now! my silly eyes playing tricks on me! this is what my + opt looked like, a tiny sliver dark, and the rest a bit lighter, if that makes sense x

Cool! This sounds pretty good I think! I'll keep testing with OPK's and if they get darker I'll buy an HPT or two to take on Monday! :)

mine always come up like that.. darker on the one side!
hope its good news!! :dust: xx

Thanks young mum! Do you mean always as in always when positive? That's what I read it as.. but just to be sure :p

I took another OPK and it came up the same way, very dark on one side. and that is afternoon/evening, so if this is hcg it might be darker tomorrow morning.. we'll see!

I'm also quite warm, my husband agreed that my forhead is warmer than usual.
I'm light headed, nauseous and have a lot of cm, sometimes ewcm...

I'm kind of glad I don't have hpt's here, then I don't have to test super early and try to see faint lines, hopefully by monday I will have a clear line when I test, IF I am pregnant that is.

It would be soooo nice to be able to tell my in laws! And a nice consodilation for loosing the passport, then at least something good would come out of it! :)

Took a new OPK this morning, and it came out lighter than yesterday...
I'm still nauseous today, and it seems to get worse on an empty stomach, but at the same time I have less appetite so I eat less when I actually eat.

Will do another OPK next time I go to the bathroom, will be about 5-6 hours since fmu, and I haven't had anything to drink after that actually... so I guess I might get a stronger line.

Husband is a bit reluctant to me going to buy a pregnancy test since if I go to a store in the neighbourhood someone who knows his family might see me.. but I really want to know! So finding a place to get one will be tomorrows project :p And I'll try not to go to the bathroom in the morning until that's done! :p

I still have a lot of creamy/ew cm, which is strange. More than around the time I ovulated! and for the 3d day in a row now. But I did dry up a bit for a couple of days after ovulation, and temp has gone up, so I doubt I'm actually ovulating this late, 2 days before expected period.. I'm irregular, but not THAT irregular... Hopefully the cm is a good sign!

A little worried the OPK didn't come out as dark or darker than yesterday, but then again I read on peeonastick.com about OPK as HPT that it doesn't necessarily show at all, and it doesn't necessarily get darker but can be different from day to day. So hopefully IF I'm pregnant everything isalright in there.

Still don't know if we should tell in laws or not if I do get a positive HPT. I've read somewhere that about 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage in the first 12 weeks... I want to tell them, and just hope for the best... I shouldn't worry about it yet I guess, but if I decided I wouldn't tell them if I find out I AM pregnant, then I could just wait to test until we're back home in England. Sigh. I dunno what's best!

But I'm definitely nauseous, and that was definitely a darkish line on that OPK..

argh.. frustration!

Did a new OPK now, and the 2nd line is pretty dark! And as dark as the control line on the side of the second line. This is sooo nerv wrecking!!!
LniQQ.jpg

Don't know if it's darker than yesterday, but definitely not lighter.

ooo that is positive!!! and yes, everytime i had a second line on OPK
it was darker on the one side hehe!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back