Negative HPT, but 10 weeks late?

armymommy

Reaction score
Okay. I am officially confused. I have been TTC for 4 months now. Went to the doctor last Fri, after being 9 weeks late. So basically I have missed two periods in a row. I have taken HPT's, all of which were negative. If I still don't have a period by August 1st, I am supposed to return for a blood test and ultrasound to make sure everything is in working order, and of course to check for pregnancy. I did notice that my OPK tests have shown lines. Normally I don't show anything on the test line until 2 days before the positives and 1 day after. But lately I have shown semi-dark (but not quite positive) OPK test lines for the past few weeks.
:confused: Can that mean anything? :confused:

I think it is one of those annoying situations where you are going to have to wait it out...

Have you tried high end HPTs like clear blue? They are not all cheapies are they?

OPKs are not as relaible as HPTs and can often give false positives so while i am sure that there is still a chance that you might be pregnant, you don't want to be depending on OPKs as proof vs HPTs or bloodtests or ultrasounds.

Thank you. I am not exactly replying on the OPK, just wondering if that could be another sign. I have been using first response, but I think I will look into clear blue.

I think that first response tend to be pretty reliable. It may just be one of those very annoying body things - have you recently come off the pill/implant etc?? This can sometimes mess your body up for a bit (it did for me- I ended up with a 50 day cycle).
Sorry if that's not the answer you were hoping for but I really hope you get some answers soon and it all works itself out :)

I have been off the pill for over a year. What makes it so weird is for the past few years I have been regular on the dot. Always the exact day, usually within a few hours. And then this....

That is weird! Fingers crossed for you and let us know how you get on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back