OPK and OV time stress.

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm just needing to sound off my anxiety and stress over ovulation.

I am using OPKs and BBT charting this month and on CD17 still haven't had a positive OPK or EWCM. As for the charting I don't even know what I am looking for :wall2:

I am just worrying that all isn't well with my body and I'm not ovulating. My cycle is usually 32 days but last month af arrived on CD27??!

Any ideas what's going on?

xx

Thanks for starting this thread Flopsy, if I get BFN next week then I'm starting on BBT and OPK's next month so it'll help me too...I was going to start one myself about the BBT if I have to start doing it...
Sorry haven't got any advice for you though.
xxx

That's ok, thanks for reading it. :)

The BBT charting is really confusing me for some reason. I think I need to research it more...

xx

No problem, Although I really need to get some sleep cos my alarm is going off at 7 I just cant seem to drop off! :)

Well, I have already looked up the OPK's and pre seed stuff on the internet so as soon as AF arrives I shall be ordering some and a thermometer!!!
xxx

Hopefully, af won't arrive and you won't need them :wink:

xx

Hey flopsy and jarjar....not sure if i can help but what is it exactly thats confusing you about the BBT charting?

Basically when you Ov you should see a change in your temps....you get another change in temp around the time AF arrives and again if your pregnant your temps should stay constantly higher....
It usually takes a couple or three cycles to see any sort of pattern form and then you will ahve a clearer idea of what your looking for, and what happens at which stage in your cycle....

Sorry its not an in depth explanation but thats basically my undersatnding of it.....
Anyone please free to correct me if Im wrong or add to this xxx

Basically you will see from your charts when you OV, although by the time you see it on your chart you will have already OV'd

From my very first chart I could see that I had OV,

When you OV your temps drop and then the following day they rise higher than they were at the beginning of the month, if you are PG they stay elevated, if AF is coming then the temps will drop again,

I found the best way to learn about it all was to do the free lessons on FF, they are very helpfull in understanding it all,

If you want to know anything else then just ask and I'll help all I can!

FF i sthe best to use it will actually tell you if you have ov and on what day :)

Can I ask what FF site is? I have just given my brand new and untouched!! OPK's and the free basal thermometer to my friend who has been trying for two years wikth no luck , and could let her know about this site? (she won't come on here herself, as she doesn't want to end up with TTC taking over her life again).

Last edited:
fertility friend. A site that lets you log details of your temps, CM, when you BD and menstruation and charts them. I'm sure it does more but I only have a basic membership and still haven't really spent time looking at the site.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back