Ovulation Sticks

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Hi,

My cycles normally go from 26 days to 32 days, so this month i thought i would try using the ovulation sticks. I got a strong line at the weekend and had a lot of EWCM, so did lots of BD, but i'm still getting a lot of EWCM now-could i still be ovulating? If it hasnt happened this month, i'm going to start charting-hoping it will help me see when i'm actually ovulating. Would you say charting has helped you more??

Thanks
Amy xx

It's definately helped me....especially this month.

My predicted OV dates were either 31st Dec or 1st Jan. I had EWCM att his time so I got plenty of BDing in. 3 days later I noticed my temps were still low and I got another lot of EWCM so I did and OPK on the off chance and it was the strongest + I've ever had on one so we did some extra BDing and managed to catch OV this month.

If it wasn't for knowing my temps hadn't gone up I wouldn't have bothered doing the OPK and would have completely missed my OV date this month.

It's good too because now I know that AF is going to be a few days delayed too so I'm not going to be thinking I'm pg on the date my AF was originally due for!

For the sake of spending 5 minutes a day taking and recording temps I think it's definately worth while
:hug:

Thanks Chrissy-thats really usefull info. I really hope i get my BFP this month, there has been so many already!! If not i'm def going to chart nxt month-do i just buy a normal thermometer?

Yep get a digital thermometer as they are most accurate.

Id definitely agree with Chrissy that charting has helped so much, even though I havent properly started, I have learnt alot about what Im supposed to look out for as pregnancy signs. Whilst you have EWCM you are still fertile so keep BDing! Under normal circumstances the EWCM disappears once you have ovulated, so you may not have yet. Women in their 20's usually have up to 4 or 5 days of EWCM (or fertile CM) and you are most likely to catch the egg on the last day EWCM, obviously you wont know what your last day od EWCM is at the time, so keep BDing whilst you have got it :)

I would be lost without charting! I would defo recommend it.

I got a BBT thermometer from Boots, it was £12.99 I think and it comes with a book and little pouch thing to keep it together.

I have charted since July 07 but only started temping since Oct 07 and its really helped me know where I am with things.

Good luck x

Forgot to added, I chart on Fertility Friends.com (think most girls do) and it is very straight forward. There is also a place where you can ask questions about your chart if you are a VIP member, which cost about £8 for 3 months) HTH

Hope you don't mind me lurking on this board when I'm already expecting but it's good to keep an eye on everyone! Not sure if you are aware but when you get a + on an OPK it can still be up to 36 hours before you ovulate so if you were getting results at the weekend then it could be tuesday or wednesday when you release an egg. Then also some women will ovulate more than once each month, perhaps one from each ovary, so it's also possible that has happened. I would definately keep an eye on it and just keep at it! I was using OPK's every day for about 10 days to make sure and also charting CM and temp so you've got back up info. Worked for me!! Best of luck with it, hope you get your BFP soon!
Lol Lisa x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back