OPK advice please! :)

Natalie8964

Reaction score
So I had a miscarriage in February and it took 8 weeks for the HCG to leave my body. This was confirmed by a blood test done on 9th April. I never properly stopped bleeding but the day before that last blood test I'm sure I passed retained tissue and thought I was having a period along with it.

Anyway I wanted to see where my cycle is, not properly for TTC, so I got some of the Clear Blue digital 'dual detection' OPKs. So either a circle, flashing smiley or solid smiley. I did my first one yesterday with fmu which gave me a circle. From reading the instructions this is the base line test. I tested this morning and skipped straight to solid smiley for peak fertility. I have attached pics below, 1st pic is yesterdays and second is today's for comparison. Third pic is side by side taken this morning. Does this seem right? I no longer trust my body!

Snapchat-96134447.jpg Snapchat-14816837.jpg Snapchat-710995139.jpg

Last edited:
You can skip straight to solid smiley. It does look like a very dark line. So sorry about the miscarriage.

You can skip straight to solid smiley. It does look like a very dark line. So sorry about the miscarriage.
Thank you for your message! I'm thinking I should have started the OPKs a bit sooner but because of the MC and the constant bleeding it was so hard to tell whether I had a period or not or where I was in the cycle. But, today's line is much darker than yesterdays.. so maybe just maybe I'm going to ovulate..

I’m so sorry for your miscarriage. I would get BDing. You aren’t supposed to read the lines on those opks (but I do it too, how can you not when you pop it out?) but I’m not 100% on what the lines actually mean in them x

I’m so sorry for your miscarriage. I would get BDing. You aren’t supposed to read the lines on those opks (but I do it too, how can you not when you pop it out?) but I’m not 100% on what the lines actually mean in them x
Thank you for your message! Yeah we actually BD last night coincidentally for the first time since the MC. Hopefully we can manage tonight too. Yeah I know they are different to the standard OPKs but like you say it's hard not to look at the lines and this morning was definitely darker than yesterday so surely that would indicate a higher level of the detected hormones? Who knows!

Thank you for your message! I'm thinking I should have started the OPKs a bit sooner but because of the MC and the constant bleeding it was so hard to tell whether I had a period or not or where I was in the cycle. But, today's line is much darker than yesterdays.. so maybe just maybe I'm going to ovulate..
It means you've got the LH that kicks off ovulation. Definitely dtd today if poss. Yes, I'd start them earlier next month.

It means you've got the LH that kicks off ovulation. Definitely dtd today if poss. Yes, I'd start them earlier next month.
Well I would have started them but it wasn't clear where my cycle was so I went off the date I got the negative hcg result plus 10 days as per the instructions. Nevermind! Maybe I'll get lucky, if not it's just good to know something is finally happening after so long

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back