OPK accuracy after late miscarriage

1sttimer

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on the accuracy of OPK's after miscarriage. I am currently 7 weeks post MC (MC at 16wks) I had my AF at 5 weeks post MC so pretty close to normal as I'm usually a 28 dayer and so have been doing clear blue digi opks for the last week but they have been 'high' (flashing smiley face) for 3 days now...but no peak. Does this mean a peak may still come along or does it mean I cant rely on the levels one cycle after MC? Would be keen to hear others' experiences x

If the HCG hasn't left your body you will show as positive on ovulation. It's a false positive unfortunately. Have you had your HCG monitored down to 0 or have you done a pregnancy test?

If you are getting neg on pregnancy test and positive on ovulation it could be right. Your cycle can be messed up a little after so tracking can be a good idea if you are TTC

I had a mc (well ectopic pregnancy) on 29th march including salpingectomy and being quite ill afterwards. I got my period on 28th april which would be a little bit later than usual for me as I have generally shorter cycles. It did take a while for the hcg to go down though and you won't ovulate until that has gone as far as I know. I remember in April I used opks during that cycle and they didn't give a conclusive ov date. Which I suspect was due to the hcg issue and it all being a bit messed up.

Fast forward to the next cycle I had a surge like what you describe in the usual part of my cycle and I now find myself 15.5 weeks pregnant.

It could be that you'll get a smiley face tomorrow or you may have already ovulated or sometimes we just don't release an egg. It's encouraging your cycles have started back with some regularity.

I'm sorry for your loss, :( fx it is your time again this month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back