Important info re TTC after miscarriage

EllieL

Reaction score
I found out some useful info today which I thought I'd share, as I know there have been some questions about when it's ok to try again after having an mc.

When I had my first mc, the dr said I could try again straight away but I might like to wait unil I'd had one period so if I got pregnant I could work out the dates better.

However, having just had what it probably my second mc just 5 weeks later, I was talking to the guy I car share with who is a trained nurse and Occupational Health Advisor, and he said that it is recommended that you wait till you have had at least 2 periods before trying to conceieve again.

The reason for this is that when you get pregnant, your body produces a hormone to prevent any further eggs from implanting in the womb. If you get pregnant again too soon after miscarriage, some of that hormone can still be present and result in the fertilsed egg being lost.

I wish I'd known this before we went ahead and tried again as it might have saved me the heartache of losing another baby so soon.

It may be true but I miscarried and had one clear period then conceived again without any problems at all straight away.

I think sometimes things just dont go to plan...so sorry for what you have gone through twice, it is so unfair!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back