Opinions on double buggies please?

Geminiblue

Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations or "stay clear of" relating to double buggies?

So when my baby is born my little boy will be two and a half. Im worried Im going to waste money on the wrong choice like I did with my first buggy with my first child.

Thanks all
xxx

can you not invest in a buggy board as at two and half will he want to be walking a lot anyway? x

I would probably only get a buggy board. My eldest was 18 months when I had my second and I got the phil and teds explorer, which I really love. But even now when he is 2 a lot of the time I just take my buggaboo bee with him on the buggy board and it works out fine (most of the time...). So don't think I will be using the doubble that much when he is 2 ½.

yeah thought of that but my son is a handful and runs, and runs, and er runs so he will be off running. Im only just managing to get him from the car to the house without him running off now...he's being checked for autism today x

I've got sliver cross pop duo, dolly was also 2 half when I had Herbie and at time I couldn't be with out a double buggy if it's raining or in the snow last winter there was noway she could of sat on her buggy or and she still sometimes gets tired if we are going far and now and again has naps still.
The double it's self is pretty good think it was just over £200 didn't want to pay much more cos didn't know how much I would use it you get footmuffs with it but dolly is too big fir her's it ol from birth and you get a head hugger too.
She was 3 last wk so is on het buggy board more and more with the better weather and she would walk too but it takes so long so I let her get on and off it. We going away in june and will deffo be taking the double anything for a easy life I say lol

Thanks Lanny, is the width ok in shops? That was my only concern about the ones where they sit next to each other x

ps its not autism its AD of ADHD so he hasnt got the HD bit, but they have to wait til he's 5 to do proper definate diagnosis as hes still too young to really tell

Yea shops are fine only prob is my back gate to the garden but I just lift the bar up on one side push it in the push it back down. I didn't like the ones behind eachother because didnt like baby not being able to see, he 8 months now and think he would really moan when out and about

Hiya!

I've got a Phil N Ted that I use for childminding and it's the best double i've ever had!! I absolutley love it!! I must have bought about 5 other doubles in the 7 years i've been childminding and nothing comes close to the Phil N Ted! If you're ok with 2nd hand then i'd look on ebay because brand new they are very pricey or if you want to buy a brand new one (you have to buy the other chair seperate) it would get snapped up on ebay when you eventually don't need it. Only downside is punctures in the tyres but a repair kit sorts them out! I'm planning on using mine until I retire! :) x

I have twins and my daughter was under 3 when they were born. I have a Baby Jogger City Mini and couldn't use a buggy board due to the the height of the handle bars, so I purchased one of these:

It's a Bibi Strolli, its like a wee bike that you attach to your buggy. Eva loves it, we call it her special seat!!!! It has it's problems you need to watch how you are steering it in certain angles but plus points its easy to get on and off and I personally think its worth its weight in gold!!!!!! She hates walking so just hops on and no moaning!!! You get several attachments with it so it fits on several buggies. It cost £80 but honestly the best I ever spent I use it every day :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back