Opinion on boys name

SarahLouB

Reaction score
My first daughter is called Cecilia Eve - she is named after my nan and my mother-in-law. I'm pretty sure I am having another girl but if I was to have a boy, how do people feel about the name Emerson? This was my other Nan's maiden name. The other name we have is Stanley which is my husband's grandad and the middle name will definitely be Christopher.

Lovely names for both your girl and the boys names you have xx

Love Stanley, and that way you get to honour another significant grandparent in your family :)

Emerson is a lovely name! Stanley is also my maiden name so I'm inclined to chose the other option lol.

Thank you. I am definitely warming towards Emerson. I was just worried it sounds a little bit feminine because people might shorten it too Emer or Em! Though my husband said if he wants to shorten it he could use Sonny...

Emerson is lovely. Stanley reminds me of the tetley tea adverts (sorry)

Haha! Yes you're right! I used to love Stanley a few years ago but I'm just not feeling it now...

Emerson sounds nice. Whar u think about Melody or Willow?

Emerson is very unisual , I've never heard it.
Christopher is my son's name , Ian is his middle ( named after family memebers)
I'm not keen on Stanley as it makes me think of a Stanley blade.
But it depends on surnmae as Stanley might sound really nice with the right Surname .

My Brother is called Emlyn which could also be seen as a bit feminine but I've never even thought about it being feminine. He gets it shortened to Em a lot too. I'd go with Emerson if you love it!

Dont like Stanley atall, reminds me of stanley blade.. Or stanley knife.

Emerson Christopher sounds lovely though.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back