Opening up about depression, *wish i never bothered*

Hi Dionne, i've only just read this thread. i cannot believe a so-called professional would behave like this, i would def make a complaint and tell them that it was the last thing you needed after getting up the courage to go and ask for help, it's disgusting and that woman needs a serious talking to about her professional manner (or lack there of).

i'm so shocked, she should not get away with that i hope she gets a discipline..she should be sacked!
i dont know anything about depression/anti-d's or anything so cant comment on that but please make sure you complain till shes been sorted!! what a b*tch!

hope you get your tablets sorted and start to feel better soon, it seems like some of the girls on here have dealt with/still dealing with depression and are here for you to chat to anyway so dont feel alone :hug: xx

Hi Dionne,

I am SO angry with that Dr that I want to punch the screen, and I'm not a violent person (I'm a librarian after all!). How dare they speak to you like that- it's unprofessional and totally uncalled for. Bad enough that they speak to you like that at all but after you had opened up- it's so so bad. Do complain about them as that is totally out of order.

What you describe is a panic attack. I used to get them when I was a student and got very stressed about things and my OH used to get up to 6 a day when he was in his deepest depressive states a few years ago. He found that doing some simple breathing exercises worked- like counting slowly to 10 and back down again with each breath. When he went onto anti-depressants they totally went and thankfully we have dealt with at least some of the causes of his anxiety since then so that he is off all medication and hasn't had a panic attack since. In his case he had just got himself in a dark hole and the anti-ds just helped him get far enough out of it for him to be able to change the things that were making him so anxious and unhappy. I remember so clearly how hard it was for him to admit how he was feeling to the Dr for the first time so I can totally see how bad that Dr was to you- it's in no way your fault, they are bang out of order.

Good luck with it hun, get yourself a good Dr and please don't let them get to you.

Ooh I am still so so mad....

++++

Oh Dionne Im so sorry you are feeling like this at the mo.

How are you feeling today?

Ive suffered with depression & panic attacks for many many years. I had a bad time until probably about 2 weeks ago with depression and the sheer panic of maybe having a panic attack when Im with Isabella. Ive been referred and under a psychiatrist now and he was more than happy to prescribe anti depressants. I havent not taken them and never had taken anti depressants but I found Kalms & Rescue Remedy has helped alot.

How is Kris now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back