Once u have a negative opk....?

positivity :)

Reaction score
Morning!

Girls do u know if once u get a negative opk the day after a positive, does this mean that ovulation has happened and there is no point bd'ing? Xx

Hey Hun,

The egg's meant to pop 12-24 hours after the surge, I think there's no harm having one more go and then don't bother after that..

xx

there's always a point - it's fun!!!

but yeah, they suggest BD the day of +ve and a day or two after as the +ve is before the egg's released so you optimise your chances of catching it

there's always a point - it's fun!!!

Bloomin eck, that a refreshing sentiment - not heard that one in a while lol ;)

Positivity - i think it means that the egg if definately out when your OPK becomes negative, but there is still a window of opportunity i guess.

So, maybe BD on the day you first get your negative but i really wouldn't bother after that for any other reason than... fun :shock:

Yeah Louise thats what I thought I have done:

Sunday bd
Monday bd
Tuesday positive opk - bd
Wednesday positive opk again (?) - bd
Thursday negative opk this morning - not sure whether to bother lol!

I would love to do it for fun but OH is starting to feel the strain 5 days in a row lool xx

What day are you classing as 1DPO? I had two very positive OPK's - the second day being darker. I have read different opinions on what to class as 1DPO!

X

i'm not sure, my second day is darker too so i'm going to class the day after that as 1dpo - which is today :)

xx

i read up on this the other day.. one of the woman’s ovaries will release an egg, which will make its journey down the fallopian tube over a period of about 24 hours. Within this 24 hour time frame is the optimum window opportunity for conception but there are other variables. For instance, an egg will survive in the fallopian tubes for up to 2 days, so if intercourse takes place up to 2 days following ovulation, conception can still occur. Also, if intercourse has occurred prior to ovulation, conception is still possible because sperm can loiter in the fallopian tubes for 2 to 3 days.. :) xx

Last edited:
Thanks girls, well me and OH both had this afternoon off which was perfect timing so managed to get get another bd in! :) so now it's up to the gods!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back