on waiting list already

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
I was advised bya friend a few weeks ago that i needed to put my name down on nursery waiting list already!! just called and the lady on the phone confirmed that im defo no ringing up too soon!! has anyone got any links to where you can find out about any help from the government with cost. Just done a search and because i need to go back to work after 6 months maternity leave (my choice really as also have 2 step children to provide for mortgage etc etc ) but is gonna cost bout £700 a month!! omg id be better at home!! any advise would be greatly received!! (i hope it doesnt sound like im moaning!) i just like to set it straight in my head what happens!:wave::wave::wave:

I hope this link is helpful, its a link to the directgov webiste regarding help with childcare costs, I unfortunately didn't get any help from tax credits as we were earning too much but I could get childcare vouchers, not sure if this will be changing soon in light of the new government though!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTa.../whoqualifies/Childrenandtaxcredits/DG_073803

Just wanted to add that I think with the Childcare Vouchers your employer would have to signed up to a scheme, would be worth checking with your employer about this : )

Last edited:
Thanks very much - i know my hubby said that the MOD (who i work for) provide vouchers that you pay for through wages and it reduces the tax and national insurance you pay - think i need to look into things bit better thanks for the link xx

Thanks very much - i know my hubby said that the MOD (who i work for) provide vouchers that you pay for through wages and it reduces the tax and national insurance you pay - think i need to look into things bit better thanks for the link xx

OMG rainbow dancer, my other half works for the MOD too!! small world, he works in sevenoaks.

completely irrelevant to the thread! sorry! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back