On feet all day

fresh

Reaction score
Hoping someone can suggest some things for me to help me get through the next 3 months at work as I seem to be suffering loads

I work in a kitchen, on feet all day, I sit down when I can which is a couple of 15 minute sessions in the morning and a 45 minute session at 1.30 ish
Really struggling with a combination of water retention on ankles and a bad back and after about 4 or 5 hours I feel dead on my feet :(

I have had bad back for a few years now and always careful about lifting, when I found out I was pregnant I stopped lifting altogether, so now it's just lifting food out of the oven, but every day I am going home with a very bad back; clears over night when I get to sleep, but does make me walk funny by the end of the day
Combine this with water retention on the ankles and feet, again, it clears overnight as I elevate feet in bed but again it just makes me feel wretched whilst I am at work and til I go home

Didn't think I'd get swollen ankles so early on! and may be the heat not helping
They say to drink loads; I'm drinking as much as I can and it doesn't seem to help :(

Really don't want to give up work early, can't cut my hours and I sit down as much as I can without skyving off work

Any suggestions for me?
Many thanks

What about those DVT socks?? I don't know if they'll help but they might be worth a try.

I suffer terribly with my lower legs and feet atm. Every night before bed I rub soothing oil into them but it doesn't help much tbh :( x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'll give them a go, never knew they existed to be honest, anything that helps is good cos I'm just dreading work at the moment!
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back