OMG - what have I become????

Amanda

Reaction score
I've just been sorting through some old piccies on my pc, and came across this one from 2 years ago (about a week before me and DH got together)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/famanda33/Party-23072004022.jpg

I'm the one on the right. Tanned, size 10 jeans, rings fitting on fingers, can of Strongbow (oh, how I could drink that now!), wearing Gucci shades and dancing in the dark just because I could. :dance: I can see what DH saw in me then, but what the hell does he see in me now????!!!!! :shock:

I'm 3 stone heavier, not tanned, can't even fit my wedding ring on my fat fingers, cup of caffeine free tea, Gucci shades are in the car, and I can hardly walk - never mind dance!!! And my hair - well it's awful. It's about 8 inches longer than the photo as I have been trying to grow it, and I no longer have a fringe. But after seeing this, I have realised that it isn't even in a style now. :? It just hangs there.

So I've just made a decision. At 9am, I'm ringing the salon and booking in for a restyle and colour. I'm not going to tell DH, just surprise him. I'm also going to make more of an effort. Just because I can't get my rings on, doesn't mean I can't wear makeup, perfume and earings every day. In a minute, I'm going to pamper myself with a mini-manicure, and I'm also phoning the beauty salon at 10 to book a pedicure. When I've finished this post, it's upstairs for me and covering myself in the Johnsons holiday sun lotion (I have 2 bottles hardly used!)

I feel better in myself already for making these decisions. Just because I am pregnant, there is no need for me to let myself go and become a frump. No, not me! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Tankett you are so right! I have really let myself go since being preggers! I haven't even plucked my eyebrows and I badly need the hairdresser! I'm joining you! I'm going to pluck and buff! Don't forget to exfoliate before using the Johnsons though, I did and ended up patchy :lol:

PS you look fab in that pic :wink:

Well, I've even shaved my legs and now have on a denim skirt for the first time in months - okay it's got a 6 inch elastic waist, but who cares!!! I then exfoliated, and put on the Johnsons. I've got makeup on, and my favorite perfume. I can't find any earings (all packed ready to move!!), but I've managed to get in for a restyle at the salon at 11.15 with the salon manager!! :dance:

Oh, and thanks for the compliment Skatty :hug: - notice I didn't put one of me now though!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: you go girls... :rotfl: :rotfl:

tankett before you know it you'll be back in those gucci's - dancing away! can in hand... and an even better figure as you'd have worked for it.... and you'll also be a MUMMY (again) - how can you beat that?

I'm right behind you... i'll be up the stairs in about 30 mins to tan the skin, wash n blow the hair... do the face and off out...

Had my hair done the other day - I wasn't planning on a big hair style change... i was going for my usual.. picture in hand (Paris Hilton - when it was in a short bob) my usual stylist (who has magic hands) cut it a little shorter at the back - more into my neck... leaving the front like a bob still... i was a little unsure at first but wow... it takes me 15 mins to blow and never looks untidy! perfect for when the baby is here.. and everyone likes it too...

Hope you enjoy your pamper day.. post us a piccie of your new hair style..

x

So your going to be a yummy mummy then?
Go on treat yourself. Its very easy to forget about these things especially when you dont feel great. Im going in 4 days before my section to get my highlights done and a good bit taken off the length so I dont scare my visitors away.

Enjoy.

I've decided to take the plunge and just got DD to take a pic of me now - I look soooo washed out, the makeups gotta go on stronger!! :rotfl:

P1010257.jpg

I'm definitely going to have a fringe cut back in again, and do something with the colour. I'm printing out both pics to take armed to the salon!

PS, please excuse the foul wallpaper and empty shelving behind me. I've had to live with this for 2 years because the owners won't let us decorate! I took down my lovely full length cream curtains to get cleaned yesterday and put up their awful patterned dark green ones, and the room is so dark now I have to keep the light on in the day!! Can't wait to move! :roll:

don't forget we want a picture of your new style.... :D :D :D

Tankett you have nothing to worry about, you still look very pretty :)

i know exactly what u mean hunny, this was me 6 months ago...

meagesago.jpg

ive gone right down hill now *sniff*

*runs off to book hair and beauty appys*

iv had that too - booked to get my hair done, nails done, a massage and shopping trip for clothes for me after the birth!

on the plus side my OH loves my bigger boobs, i think he just feels threatened by the bump so he always hugs me from behind! :rotfl:

Tankett - you look fine!!

I'm impressed you can even see your legs to shave them - I had to get my hubby to do them from 35wks - so embarrasing!! :oops:

I want to get my hair done too - but can't decide on what!!

S. xx

SarahH said:
Tankett - you look fine!!

I'm impressed you can even see your legs to shave them - I had to get my hubby to do them from 35wks - so embarrasing!! :oops:

I want to get my hair done too - but can't decide on what!!

S. xx

ha ha mine are all fuzzy im no doin them till im due now!!! no bloomin point!!! mind u my hair is blond on my legs so isnae 2 bad

Tankett you make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: you look great in both pics.. don't be too hard on yourself!! I think its totally normal to feel like we are letting ourselves slip as we get bigger, clumsier, more emotional and less able to do what we would like to do.. thank god our OH's still love and fancy us eh!!!??

Hope you feel a new woman after your pampering... look forward to seeing a pic of the new or more like the old Tankett and no doubt DH will be very appreciative :wink: :wink: :wink:

Right.. off to shave my legs and pluck my eyebrows.. you girls have made me feel guilty!! xxx

Well, after 3 hours in the hairdressers chair, I couldn't even manage to sit at the pc to let you all know how it went. Bloody SPD! :twisted:

But it was definitely worth it. She's took loads of weight out, cut a fringe back in, about 3 inches off the bottom, and died it closer to my natural colour so I don't have to keep going every 6 weeks to get the roots done. As she said, I won't have the time or money for a while. I love it!!!!!! And so does DH!!! He loves it sooo much, he would have been all over me given half a chance!!! Unfortunately I was lying down in agony for the rest of the day!! :rotfl:

I'll get DD to take a picture when she climbs out of her pit!

glad you feel better about yourself... looking forward to see the new style...

after reading your post i shaved, plucked and put on some johnsons holiday sun.. i feel a little nicer about myself today... haven't got to cover my neck, shoulders and chest in bronzer to wear a vest today...

x

cant wait to see ur new hairstyle hunny, hope its cheered u up loads, ui kno it always does me.

not that there was anything wrong before you looked lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back