Embarassed and sunburnt..

Binzy

Reaction score
There is some crazy African heatwave going on here in Italy so OH and I decided to go to the swimming pool to cool off. I was being so good and made sure I put lots if sun cream on, stayed in the shade and only went in the indoor pool. And what happens...I now have a bright pink belly and I have an appointment with the gyno tomorrow...he's never going to believe me. He'll just think I'm an idiot :-( I'm so ashamed of myself, i'd never do anything to harm the baby and I don't care about being tanned (I inherited the Scottish side of the family's colouring..pale skin and reddish hair). I feel such a fool!
Just had to get that off my chest. Sorry.

Well, you all obviously think I'm an idiot too.
Fair enough but thought at least someone would try and cheer me up!

Oh hun, dont worry about that, I am sure it will be fine. Just make a joke about your Scottish roots and useless sunscreen. My husband is ginger so I know what its like, he turns pink very quickly

I dont think your an idiot :hugs: , If anything is said just explain what happened and tell him you very embarassed . These things happen

I look like a care bear in reverse, pink tummy and white legs, boobs etc.
I know it's cold in the UK but the 36-38 degrees is killing me.
This is my first day of maternity leave and I almost wish I was still at work!
Thanks a lot for answering ladies!
My appointment is in an hour so I'll let you know!

oh good luck at your appointment. Im the same...We were in the Lake District (known for rain) and it was blistering heat, I put factor 50 on but forgot my chest!!! Well lets say lobster wasnt in it I was so embarrassed but dont beat yourself up hun we all do these things xxx

Thanks, it's just typical that it happens the day before I have to see the gyno and he always makes me undress completely. With my clothes on I cam hide it but without clothes I look like a burns victim, and he's from the south so he's tanned and dark anyway, grrr.

It doesn't help that bump is a bit like a beacon for the sun too, im very fair and burn quickly - very easily done. Hope your appointment went ok xx

Everything went well, I explained what happened and he laughed about us 'nordic' people staying indoors!
I felt so relieved! Now I just have to make sure I cover uP enough for lunch with the MIL tomorrow.
Will write a separate post about what gyno said tomorrow. Off to bed now xx

Oh bless you! Your care bear comment made me laugh, sorry :rofl: Glad today went well x x

Glad it all went well today Binzy :)
More to the point, is it sore? You poor thing! :hug: aftersun all the way ;) x

No, Knopf, you didn't miss anything, I started writing on my iphone and lost the bloody thing so had a small paddy and gave up. Have come on the computer now to do it!
Princess, it's not sore now but it was (luckily I have a stash of lotions and potions to deal with sunburn) it's starting to look vageuly normal now, well, not that normal but not quite as shocking as before.
It had better sort itself out for Saturday as I am off to the seaside for a hen party with some girls from work who are all skinny and tanned and I am going to look like a proper dick next to them!
Write off to write post now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back