omg my hips!!

LilyMac

Reaction score
Ok so every morning when I wake up I seem to have pins and needles in my hips (where they join the pelvis or whatever its called!) This goes after a few minutes but then for the rest of the day I'm in agony with my hips, it hurts to climb the stairs, walk, sit down for more than 5 minutes, everything. Is this normal? Should I expect it to get worse as I get more pregnant? Is there anything I can do about it?!

Help!

X

Sounds like classic SPD to me - you need to be referred to a physiotherapist asap. Mine has come on over the last week and it is agony. Good luck :hug:

Is that really bad, should I be worried or is it quite common?
Will I be able to go see my doctor about it or should I speak to my midwife when I see her... I hate not knowing what to do!!
Thanks for the reply though :) x

Its fairly common, basically when you are pregnant your body produces heaps of progesterone which softens all your ligaments and your pelvis, which loosens at three points - your pubic bone and two points in your lower back where your hips are. Your GP or your MW will be able to refer you, the physio will assess you and give you advice and may offer you a support belt that effectively holds your hips together. Let us know how you get on :hug:

ooh hope you get checked out hun, and get some answers X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back