OMG! I'm absolutely freaking LIVID!

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
I need a rant girls - sorry in advance.

Right here we go: Each Christmas we take it in turns to spend Christmas Day with one set of parents and then Boxing Day with the other. It's been this way for years. This year it was Christmas Day with Hubby's Mum and Dad and Boxing Day with my gang. We found out through the grapevine that MIL had ditched us in favour or her eldest son's wife's parents instead. Slightly strange in my book but whatever, spoke to my Mum and she said we could spend Christmas Day with them and Boxing Day with the outlaws. Sorted.

In the last week MIL has fallen out with all her sons execpt my OH. So she's not going to the daughter-in-law's parents for Christmas now and wants us over. I said no I'm not messing my family about this close to Christmas we are leaving plans as it is, Hubby agreed. MIL did not, threw her toys out of the pram and said she was cancelling Boxing Day. I told OH not to worry and that it would be back on in a couple of days. That night she rang up and said it was all back on. Sorted, again.

Then the next day (Thursday) she tells OH she's going to her brother's for Boxing Day instead because of all the upset we've brough upon her :talkhand: . Getting pretty fed up and awfully close to Christmas me and hubby spoke and agreed to have a Christmas Day of our own on the Boxing day so we went out yesturday and bought a turkey and all the trimming etc. Got really excited about Boxing Day spending it just to two of us. Sorted (for the 3rd and hopefully final time).

But NO! Today she tells hubby she's not going now and that we can go over for Boxing Day (how kind of her :roll: ). Hubby obviously said no we are staying at home but she's having none of it, wailing that she's been left all alone (she has a husband - poor sod). So hubby says he'll ask me if they can come up for Boxing day. I said no and that I wasn't rewarding childish behaviour. I said we doing Boxing Day as agreed and go up their Boxing night - I think that's a fair compromise.

Opinions please - Pregnant and emotional so I might be being unreasonable but I don't think we should say how high when she says 'jump'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bloody Out-laws

I think thats fair she sounds very childish and you should put your foot down. next year you'll have a real baby to deal with and if shes gonna cause such a fuss its best to let her know now she will not get away with it!! god how old is she crying shes benn left alone after telling you she was going elsewhere..she will probably decide in the meantime that you coming over boxing night is fine! its better than a kick up the ass which is what she would have got from me :lol:

I think you are absolutely right, and being perfectly reasonable!
Don't let her bully you!

I think you are absolutely right :hug: what a nutcase the MIL is though, hope Boxing Day evening isnt too painful for you xx

Babylicious said:
Stick to your guns!!

is this woman for real????

Unfortunately she's VERY VERY real! :(

Thanks girls, you know with me being emotional I start to get sucked in and feel sorry for her then I give myself a slap and remember how bad she really is. We only got married this year too so I am looking forward to spending a mini Christmas with just me and my new husband before the baby arrives. :D

She needs to grow up and have some consideration for someone other than herself!

You don't get to make other people cancel their plans (not once, and especially not several times!) just because you keep having childish tiffs with family and then making up again.

Tell her to get a life and enjoy a nice relaxing christmas - without her!

Tillytots said:
I think you are absolutely right :hug: what a nutcase the MIL is though, hope Boxing Day evening isnt too painful for you xx

Thanks hon, I've already decided if she starts I'll just fall asleep or cry (given that I can do that at any given moment at present! :lol: ) then she'll be left moaning/crying at an exhausted emotional pregnant woman - tut tut :shakehead: and that's not going to look good is it! :lol:

Yep. Stick to what you arranged! God, all that messing around i'd end up telling her to sod off!

Hubby feels sorry for her because she's

A) His Mum

B) Still not talking to the rest of the family (long story but if I was them I'd never forgive her for what she's said to a couple of them).

But it's all her own doing. If I behaved like that my parents would still give me a slap at the age of 30! :rotfl:

I think you have been more than fair with her and now the phase "You made your bed now you lie in it" springs to mind :think

I love to see someone sticking it to the outlaws. Yessssssssssssss.

You are very very right.

Bloom said:
I think you have been more than fair with her and now the phase "You made your bed now you lie in it" springs to mind :think

Exactly! But she'll never see it that way I'll just become the bitch who wouldn't let her son visit his Mother at Christmas - :wall: Makes a change from being the bitch who took her son away from her when we got married :lol: I'm honestly expecting her to come out with 'She won't let me see my grandchild.' That'll be next even before it's born I bet - I'm telling you this poor baby needs to stay snug and protected in his Mummy's tummy for aslong as possible til he's maybe 18ish. :rotfl: (Sod giving birth to THAT! :shock: )

I guess some people aren't happy unless they are making trouble. Lets hope baby has my family values - the other is just unbearable to even contemplate! :shock:

I agree with the others, you have been more than fair, she needs to get a grip :hug: :hug:

God she sounds just like how my nan was when she was alive. She caused trouble every christmas and we all ended up seperated and my dad on his own cos my mum wouldnt dare say no to her! At least your hubby is doing a good job sticking by you. She needs to just grow up!

Claire x

Mama 2 Be said:
Bloom said:

Exactly! But she'll never see it that way I'll just become the bitch who wouldn't let her son visit his Mother at Christmas - :wall: Makes a change from being the bitch who took her son away from her when we got married :lol: I'm honestly expecting her to come out with 'She won't let me see my grandchild.' That'll be next even before it's born I bet - I'm telling you this poor baby needs to stay snug and protected in his Mummy's tummy for aslong as possible til he's maybe 18ish. :rotfl: (Sod giving birth to THAT! :shock: )

I guess some people aren't happy unless they are making trouble. Lets hope baby has my family values - the other is just unbearable to even contemplate! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sod being pregnant for 18 yrs.....

Winces at potential number of stitches required giving birth to an 18 year old......

Hope Christmas is going well for you hun and fingers crossed for tomorrow...but just wanted to voice (again :D ) that you sound perfectly in the right. I've heard about people like her but thankfully don't have any of my own in the family :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back