your christmas routine

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
:rotfl:
well i was just wondering wot people do Christmas eve, Christmas day and Boxing day

christmas eve i normally go up town get my last lil bits, mum and dad finish work at lunch time so we spend the afternoon making cheese straws and wrapping our last presants. then in the evening we normally have a BBQ :rotfl: and a dvd

on christmas day we get up bout 8 me and my sis make mum and dad a coffee, then we open our stocking christmas presants, we then go downstairs and prepare the dinner, then we open one or two more christmas presant. and then normally go into work to see the residents, we then go home and normally the family arrive so we do some more prezzies, then have lunch etc and then we go for a walk, then open the rest of the presants and then we play games :D

on boxing day we have a whole day of doing nothing well apart from eating and watching films lol and this yr probably still be sorting out Braydons toys haha

Christmas Eve Ill be working, 8.30am till 5pm, Then i spend the evening down with my Horse, Riding and genreal jobs there, and lucky if i get home before 9pm to then have a wash and relax!

Christmas day, early start to do the horses, turning out, feeding, beds etc, then its back home, wash, have breakfast then open pressies with mum/dad/OH and Brother....
Then make my way over to my Nans, where there will be all my Mum side of the family, spend late morning/early afternoon there, on the way back visit my Aunty's and Now my Grandad's Grave....
Go back home, Dad picks up his mum and dad for tea at our house, i'll go back up to yard, Ride my horse, do evening jobs then leave him for night...Come home and enjoy christmas tea and then Relax!

Boxing day, lazy day, spending time with my Horse, having dinner at my OH's parents, we dont see them christmas day has i have too much going on at my end to travel to them, but they dont mind, so having boxing day dinner with them before coming back home for tea at mine again with family....

All Busy, Back to work on the Thrusday after.....

Ive normally got everything done by about 3pm on xmas eve then in the evening a load of us (about 10 friends) go for a meal at a chinese resturant then go drinking afterwards (except last year of course :( ). I wonder how that will work this year with having to find a babysitter for Jake :think:

On xmas day we open our pressies in the morning then go to OH's parents house for dinner and go home early evening.

Boxing day- just laze around the house for a bit then go shopping (we always convince ourselves we need something new even though we dont :rotfl: )

Never had a 'proper' family before at xmas so we shall see what happens.

Not had our invite yet from OH's parents :(

erm christmas eve i may go and collect presents from my family...

christmas day sit on my own with a microwave roast dinner and watch t.v...

and boxing day just do my normal thing sleep eat and come on the computer...

boring time of the year for me :( it use 2 be so much fun when i was little now i just cant wait to get it over with...

might prank call my ex that will be fun :) lol

christmas eve has always been cooking day :) so we have lunch and stuff as normal and then cook and prepare food in the afternoon, so make jellies/trifles/mince pies/sausage rolls/chocolate log etc etc and we'd scoff on buffet food for our dinner.

christmas day - all of my recent christmas days have all been different but usually it's me and OH, opening our pressies then go over to whoever parents house wants us :) this year though i have no idea what we're going to do or where we're going to go.

boxing day with my parents always used to be fry-up in the morning and then just dossing really.

last christmas i was round nat's with his stepdad, mom, brother and sister. i felt pretty lonely without any of my family around, and had found out i was pregnant a couple of weeks before christmas so wasnt even drinking.

check out the date i joined this forum :wink:

Usually it was...

christmas eve- usually nothing just watching christmas movies and hoping that muppets christmas carol is on :wink:

on the evening meet up with friends and hand out gifts (usually at a pub, but now sum of our friends have Lil ums so it will prob be at one of our houses)

Christmas morning- get up early (mum dragged us out of bed :roll: ) opened presents, had breakfast, got dressed and went to grandma's where lots of family were and everyone opened their presents there.

then went to my other nans...more family there...opened presents, everyone except kids and a few adults go and get sloshed at the pub, come back, have dinner and doss about

and then i went to my OH'S mums. and listen to all the c.ds that him and his brothers got :roll:

I don't know how it will be this year as me and DF have our own house now, so well have to spread ourselves between, having dinner at his mums this year...getting up stupidly early to be with both sets of familys to open presents.
8)
Boxing day- nothing! just sit and eat and watch films on tv

oooh i like this thread...we shud try and keep it going...i'm getting excited :dance:

Christmas eve is the day that hubby celebrates christmas so morning relax, last bit of shopping. An essential is to watch A christmas carol with some chocolate, go to church for the kids nativity carol service, straight across the road to the pub for a few :wink:

Back home for food, a julboard, which is a table full of Swedish food, meatballs,ham, herring, potatoes, beetroot salad, rosehip buns etc.. open a present each and have christmas games :)

Christmas day is traditionally English, wake up to presents, breakfast,lunch, alcohol etc...

Boxing day, finish left overs and relax watching tv etc :D

Tegala-7thMarch08 said:
erm christmas eve i may go and collect presents from my family...

christmas day sit on my own with a microwave roast dinner and watch t.v...

and boxing day just do my normal thing sleep eat and come on the computer...

boring time of the year for me :( it use 2 be so much fun when i was little now i just cant wait to get it over with...

might prank call my ex that will be fun :) lol

aww hun. cant you go to family or something.

Well we wanted to go to lapland for xmas eve but at £3000 per person that was out of the question, maybe if my numbers come up on saturday i'll take us all.....lol
So xmas eve where going to " sundown Adventure land" which is a kiddies theme park aimed at the under 10's, and they will have santa and reindeers and really cool stuff so we get all excited for xmas.
Then come home get H to bed and set all the prezzies out.
Xmas day starts at around 4am....lol, and my folks come up to watch the little man open his prezzies.

Then its down to my parents for the biggest dinner ever and cheesy board games and a bit of bing crosby....lol

Boxing day is at BFs parents house, which is the same as xmas day only with more alcohol ( his dad drinks way to much....lol)

Hope everyone has a great xmas xxxx

Usually:
Christmas Eve - go pick up Christmas food from M&S (pre-ordered every year for about 8 years now and it's fab), veg out for the afternoon, go to church, then into town with friends in the evening for drinks, then pick up a kebab on the way home and sit on the sofa eating it just after midnight.

Christmas Day - wake up early, go and get all the pressies from under the tree and bring them upstairs & open them all in bed :D Might go back to sleep for a couple of hours, then get up and lounge about in PJs. Hubby cooks Christmas dinner, and we usually eat about 3pm. usually just the 2 of us, although sometimes OH's dad comes round for dinner. Take the dog for a walk after dinner, then sit and watch films for the rest of the day.

Boxing Day - very little! Walk the dog, eat cold turkey sandwu=iches - yummy!

This year:
Baby will only be a few weeks old, so it will be the first Christmas Eve we haven't gone out. My family don't live in the UK, so will just be the 3 of us and hubby's dad for Christmas day - and yummy food of course! I'm looking forward to being able to eat pate, brie, etc :D Will be totally different this year ...

this will be our first christmas as parents so im expecting it to be a little different, but normally:

xmas eve- either stay in and watch xmas tv trash snuggled up with choccy on cushions (usually if its raining), or if its a nice evening we would go out to meet friends in a bar and hav a few drinkiepoos!

xmas morning- would get up, get ready and go to my parents house for about lunchtime. then we hav drinks, exchange gifts, open our santa sacks, hav fotos taken. then my dad sometimes takes us out to the pub and buys us lots of drinks, or sometimes he just buys loads in and hands them out. all the while dear old mummy is cooking dinner!
we hav dinner quite early (about 4 or 5pm) and my mum puts xmas music on while we eat and we pull party poppers and crackers.
after dinner we are usually a bit drunk already and full up of food so sometimes hav a little nap. then we go and watch dvds or xmas tv trash and eat choccys and drink more. then in the evening we go to my cousins and hav more drinks there and smoke weed and eat space cakes! (apart from my mum coz shes got to drive us everywhere- bless!)

boxing day is spent in pyjamas watching tv feeling very sick!

think itll be quite different this year, no drink or drugs :angel:

ETA: i didnt partake in the naughtyness last year when i was pregnant by the way- in case anyone worked out that i was! but everyone else did, and i just watched!

Me and Jed have always done different stuff at christmas and New Year. We've had christmas eves/christmas days/boxing days/New years on beaches, on desert safari's, in jungle, up north, down south, you name it! . We had the christmas and millenium in Thailand which was the best so far. Jed has had a christmas in Africa too. This year we'll be home for christmas then New year in France or Spain. My avatar picture is me in oz with a left over millenium sparkler :)

We have never had a routine.

MissSara said:
Well we wanted to go to lapland for xmas eve but at £3000 per person that was out of the question, maybe if my numbers come up on saturday i'll take us all.....lol
So xmas eve where going to " sundown Adventure land" which is a kiddies theme park aimed at the under 10's, and they will have santa and reindeers and really cool stuff so we get all excited for xmas.
Then come home get H to bed and set all the prezzies out.
Xmas day starts at around 4am....lol, and my folks come up to watch the little man open his prezzies.

Then its down to my parents for the biggest dinner ever and cheesy board games and a bit of bing crosby....lol

Boxing day is at BFs parents house, which is the same as xmas day only with more alcohol ( his dad drinks way to much....lol)

Hope everyone has a great xmas xxxx

Ooo you've given me an idea now - Sundown is not far from me - I'm going to check it out and might end up copying! :)

Id like to go see the northern lights!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back