OMG 'glabour' birthing outfits.

lol i agree, i was wearing one og hubbys old t-shirts which we cut the sleeves off half way through as i was getting too hot! lol

I know everyone says you leave your dignity at the door - and I'm not expecting it to remain intact - but no harm in trying. Lol.

Plus I don't like the thought of a wet shirt. Lol

I must say ladies you really won't care what you wear in labour I have birth in a tshirt and purple Winnie the pooh socks!!!!!!! Lol the tshirt said does my bump look big in this?? Lol I honestly think you leave your dignity at the door when you walk in xxx

I disagree 2 days into my labour I had a shower and put some slap on and changed my outfit did my hair etc and it made me feel renewed and 10 times better and almost give me more confidence and energy to carry on!

LOL dignity went out the window for me after the first cervix check, when I realised I was just being used as somebodies glove puppet. I understand not wanting to be completely starkers in the birthing pool so the little skirt did have a function. It's the whole needing to look perfect during birth, that was the leasts of my concerns at the time.

I think for a normal birth I'd be happy with a big t-shirt or nightie, but I'm planning on having a water birth and would prefer something suitable for the water. Wet t-shirt is not a nice feeling, and I wouldn't want to be naked for hours on end. Nothing to do with being embarrassed in front of the midwives or anything, just personal comfort and what makes you feel better in those precious moments.

I wouldn't fancy an underwired bikini like hers though, haven't worn an underwire since bfp!!

Whatever you guys chose to wear or not wear to give birth. If your on my ward and pull out a pair of hair straighteners before the baby's hair's even dry and start doing your fringe, you will get a bucket of afterbirth poured over your heads.

Last edited:
Whatever you guys chose to wear or not wear to give birth. If your on my ward and pull out a pair of hair straighteners before the baby's hair's even dry and start doing your fringe, you will get a bucket of afterbirth poured over your heads.

:rofl: - ha ha yeah that was really not good!! lol

No 'glabour' outfits for me thanks! But if some women want them, then why not :thumbup:

Last edited:
There is always someone who wants to buy this sort of stuff but you dont need to buy it off her when its available all over- its just a bakini really.
I dont know about heels been good for you i was told it was a massive no no when you have pgp, i definatly wouldnt advice lasses to do it for the sake of fashion not because they want to.

Then again im a plumber so dont wear makeup or anything unless its a weekend so shows how much i care about how i look lol x

I dunno about pgp - my hip pain comes from the tilt in my pelvis causing the little sacks between the bone and muscle rubbing - so prob totally different.

I agree about the fashion thing though - you were what your comfy in.

Red bear - I don't really do make up either - but it's just cos I'm lazy, lol.
Xxx

I dont know if i admired that girl of thought she was plain silly!!!

I also agree it was a bikini with a skirt, prob sounds really cynical but whats the bets we see them both on a reality show soon!!!

Mind you on the other hand if she can make some money outta it why not! xxx

I know it is probably good for the odd person but not for everyone so i wouldnt advice it to people on a website i would tell them if they are ok to wear heels and want to then go for it but ask the midwife first.
Not just oh it helps with musles so do it - when some women could then try it and end up worse. I just think everything about the way she speaks shows she is a little silly- she thinks she invented some new line of clothes when really its just whats been around for ages to help women cover up.
I do think once the doctor has had his fingers up my floof to examine before i get in the water my modesty would be forgotten about... and if you where bothered about modesty would you sign up for a tv show? I know i wouldnt lol x

I liked the idea of a little skirt for the pool, and might make one or buy one (not from her, but some other swimskirt, as cheap as I can find :p) somewhere. I already packed a bikini top as I don't like the feeling of wet fabric on me.. One of the reasons I want a water birth is because it feels more "dignified" because at least you're covered by the water. Some people might not care, and I'll probably care a lot less than I think I will, but better to be prepared for caring than not, and sitting there wishing I had a little skirt or something..
I did think it was a bit crazy with her high heels and hair straightener though o_O ! But each to their own. And her positive attitude seemed to work, she did stay very calm and didn't need drugs etc! (Also.. maybe when you manage to stay calm you will actually care more about your appearance as well, in contrast to the people on the show who swear and scream and twist and turn and shout, they are too upset and too far gone to care. If you're already calm being a bit more covered/comfortable might help make you feel even calmer? Just a thought

Lewa - i got a little skirt from amazon for £15 including postage. its pretty stretchy as well. there is a link to it somewhere in this thread i think. xxx

Each to there own, i do think she is money grabbing tho.

Leave her alone, she's a nice girl, and if she wants to make a effort and sell outfits that's her choice, at least she makes an effort and has the drive to start her own business!

xx

small heels are good for posture and muscles when your not preg for sure, dunno about when you are preg, mw can tell ya tho lol. usually the only thing you need to worry about is what you feel comfortable in. she felt comfortable like that. i wouldnt feel comfortable making that much of a fuss about how i looked cos id feel like i had more important things to worry about but some ppl are really vain, or appearances are really important to them.
each to their own really i cant judge someone ive never met and i hate stereotyping someone cos i hate it when its done to me

Lol only just seen this thread and yes i did see the lady with her 'birthing outfit' lol. To some extent i can see both sides. I think your appearance during labour should be the least of your worries, but having said that i'm quite aware of having clean hair before i go into hospital and maybe taking some make up with me just for visitors afterwards since you never know how long you'll be in.

What annoyed me more about that particular girl and her boyfriend was how they were talking about dressing their baby up like a doll everyday and saying how many outfits she had already. Yes it's important to care about your appearance, but i also think it's important not to bring a child up feeling pressured to look perfect all of the time. I imagine it could cause a lot of insecurities in later life.

And i'll probably be giving birth in my baggiest, smelliest t-shirt haha. No point wearing something nice that will just get covered in afterbirth and probably want throwing away after! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back