OMFG have I got worms?!

skairdykat

Reaction score
Earlier on I went for a number 2 :oops: and when I wiped there were 3 little 'things' like the tickness of cotton and a few mm long, one if them I swore was moving. Just been foe a wee now and there was one of them in the loo and it was defo moving. What the fook are theyr and what the fook do I do?

Help I'm freaking out now and also VERY embarrassed :oops: :oops: :oops: How the fook have I got them?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

sounds like worms :hug: :hug: :hug:
You could of got them from something you've eaten?
I think you need to go to the doctors for treatment

i feel for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

just go and buy a tablet from the chemist.
I was worried Mason had them ages ago but it turned out he didn't, i bought a pack of tablets in boots.

everyone in the house is supposed to have a tablet, and wash your bedding and towels.

Thanks guys. I've just looked on the net and I think it's pinworms :shock:
I'm a trainee teaching assistant so maybe I've picked them up there :think: Ewwww I think I'm going to :puke: God hurry up Monday so I can go to the Docs...................

Thing is as well I'm due to test on the 18th. Will the medication be harmful to the baby IF I'm PG?

Let you doc/pharmacist know that you are TTC and that you are due to test, see what they say chick cos I really cant help you there x

Sounds like pin/thread worms.

I've had these and know how you feel :( Night times the worst, that's when they come out to lay their eggs and your bum gets really itchy. It's freaky to see them wiggling :shock:

It is a one tablet job and you pharmacist will advise you about safety re pregnancy. Urchin's right about treating the whole household though. Their eggs are so light they can become airborne and be inhaled.

loh no, i feel really sorry for you!! :shock: yuk yuk yuk, one once landed on me from myy cat and i freaked out bigtime! the cat got treated and i got bleached!

i shouldnt think any medication will be harmful to the baby, surely not as harmful as the worms if u leave it untreated.

sorry for you :hug:

oh no the eggs can be inhaled? thats awful, you could catch them on the bus. :puke:

OMG I never even knew about them properly till now. I honestly thought it was mainly animals that got worms but after reading up just now in the net they are really common aren't they? :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

im a worm phobic :puke: i hate them i had them once :puke: those little crawly things violated me :( :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

awww u shoulda gone to a late night chemist last night ! hope u get the lil blighters sorted :hug:

:hug: i feel for you ... i havent had them myself but i have seen my sister get them... :puke:

Also im expecting my eldest to have them, they are going round nursery at the moment, and he keeps itching his bum :roll: but he wont let me take him to the loo to look,

Hope you get them sorted soon :hug:

skairdykat said:
Thing is as well I'm due to test on the 18th. Will the medication be harmful to the baby IF I'm PG?

My mate had worms while PG, and you do have to be careful with medication as she was told some cause brain damage to the baby. So make sure they know you MAY be pregnant and they'll give you something safe.

Hope it clears up soon hun :hug:

poor you, they are nasty, I caught them years back and it does feel like youve been violated!

No need to be embarassed though, it happens to the best of us :hug:

You know, I've been thinking about this a lot. The other week Jordan was itching his bum loads, so much so I joked that he was going to scratch himself another bum-hole. I think that he could well have them also and thats where I've picked them up from. Going to go to Docs tomorrow to get somthing for them. Jordan also sucks his thumb so he's just passing the eggs from his bum back to his mouth again so will have to try and stop him doing that as well. I've put some of the nail biting stuff that tastes nasty on and see how he goes. And just making sure we all wash our hands before we eat and when we've been to the loo. When he was scratching I never even thought it could be anything like that - I feel a bit guilty now for not thinking of that at the time :(

My son had thread worms abuot 6 weeks ago. The whole household has to be treated to ensure it doesn't spread.

You can get stuff over the counter no need to see the GP. It's called Ovex and they sell it in Boots or any other Chemist. Take one tablet at first then another one 2 weeks later to ensure all the living and egg worms are killed off.

I wasn't allowed to take any of the tablets because I'm pregnant. The pharmacist advised against it and I checked with the GP who said "absolutely not". :( So if you have any thought you may be pregnant please check first.

Make sure you each have your own towel, flannel etc and wear rubber gloves when handling your bed linen as it spreads like wildfire. I became really paranoic about it as I knew I couldn't take anything and would have to suffer if I caught them! :?

Good luck!

Hi

Oh no how aweful
Ihad them a few times as a child and i remember it being aweful had to drink some medicine and had my dad check to se eif they were gone :oops:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back