Ollie Sebastian - the new cousin! *updated with pics*

TashaWink

Reaction score
I'll try and keep this short!

Friday 16th-I tried everything to get baby moving and decided if baby werent coming after all this then we'll just have to wait for induction set for Tuesday!

Saturday 17th- 00:30am woken up to bad cramps and went toilet...got another cramp before I managed to get back to bed...tried getting to sleep but unable to sleep through them! I've gone downstairs and messages my sister! She is so excited and I spend then next 3 hours talking to her and we decide together that this is it! I woke OH at 3:30 and he times them for me...they are coming every 3-4minutes lasting 45secs. Decided to go for a shower and then head over to my mums.
Got to my mums for 5am and contractions are getting a lot stronger...by 8am they are 2-3minutes apart lasting 50-1:10. Decided this is enough time for hospital.

Got to the hospital and they checked me over 2CM! I can't believe it... 8 hours contracting and I've got nowhere! So they suggest I go home but as rugby was on there was no way I'd get home and back that day-so I went for a walk around the hospital! I was lying on the floor and everything! Come 11am I went back for another check as they were coming 1-2minutes lasting 1min at least. Lying on the bed and POP-waters went but Still only 3CM! They suggest I get in the bath for an hour...oh my- this was horrible! For and hour my contractions were pretty much back to back I had 30secs breathing time...this is when I was on the gas and air! Got out re-examined 4cms. I could cry! but she said I could go to the birthing centre...yay! I stayed here for the next 14 hours on gas and air and a shot of pethadine...However after one examination baby had moved back up inside me and my contractions had stopped!

Sunday 18th- 2am The midwife then decided I am being put on the drip and said I would need the epidural as I wouldnt have the energy to push.so on to the drip I went for the next 6hours. By this time my mum and sister had gone home to sleep. My sister came back at 7:30am and at 8am they checked me... 8CMs! But they also discovered baby had flipped himself and was coming back to back with his face first and not the back of his head...then my sister said it went crazy...baby's heartbeat would drop to 90 and then shoot back up to 180. I had a few more docs come in and assess me and baby and they decided baby needed to be out of me now. My sister and OH said it was a major panic but I didn't see that I was very calm all these doctors came and introduced themselves and I met my new friend the pain man(he's the one that makes me numb)! :) so at 9am I was wheeled in for an emergency c-section. I was absolutely gutted I went through all of that but they said i wouldn't have been able to push him out anyway and would've needed help!
OH was in tears as he just couldn't come in as he would have fainted, I think he's gutted he missed his boy come into the world but it was for the best because I needed someone there for me.

9:24am Ollie Sebastian Winkworth was born weighing 4046grams (which we believe to be 8lb 9-we were told something else) and he came out weeing!

Although it was a hard labour it hasn't put me off. I may not have got the birth I wanted but the end product was the same and that's all that matters! I spend most my day just staring at Ollie. When OH first saw him you could see just how proud he was of him-this was my favourite moment! I was in hospital for a few days after but my nieces and nephews finally got to meet their new baby cousin and they are so proud of him and love him so much already! So this Auntie is now a mummy!

DSC05633.JPG

DSC05655.JPG

DSC05639.JPG

DSC05647.JPG

Last edited:
Naughty baby Ollie turning back to back!

Congratulations - so happy for you :D

Would love to see a photo of him!

Aw congratulations hunni he's beautiful

(know how you feel bout not getting anywhere i was 3cm for 7hrs and ended up having an emergency section too)

Hope your getting plenty of rest and enjoy every second of him xx

Congratulations! He's utterly gorgeous!!

Loved the photos, thank you for sharing x

Gorgeous ! Congratulations! Your son has the same first and middle name as my OH lol x

Its a lovely name! OH hated his middle name until I pointed out how popular his first and middle name has become now a days! He loves his name now lol x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back