Aaliyah-Jade's Birth Story & pics (updated with more pic

Jade89 said:
budge said:
jade i don't think you had gestational diabetes becasue bubba doesn't look fat and babies born to women with GD are generally fat. Your baby girl looks long and thin as a pose to short and fat :lol:

Didn't you say your sister had a big baby? I think its just a family thing - :)

well they said my blood sugar was really high when they tested it tuesday, still gotta go for the test though, it should tell me if i had it or not coz it checks the past 6 weeks, its the glucose tolerance test.

hope its all ok then jade. if you did have it its bad it wasn't detected! :hug:
Main thing is all is well now and you and bubba are well. :hug:

wow - just thinking about an ober 11 lb baby has brought tears to my eyes.

She is an absolute beauty - well done you !!! :clap: :clap:

Congratulations Jade, what a lil cutie you have there :hug:

well done jade, hope ur lulu's not too painful!!

congrats on ur lil angel!! :cheer:

What a beautiful babes hun, congratulations. Have to say it was the head circumpherance which made my eyes water as opposed to the weight, I only just managed to squeeze a 34cm head out :shock:

rachaels was 36 and that was a PUSH!! :shock: let me tell you :shock:

well done hun shes gorgeous..sounds like you went through a long hard labour! but bubba is worth it eh! what a big girl she is! very long...61cms is 2 foot..thats how tall hayden is and he looks really long so shes very tall!! congratulations :hug: xx

Thanx everyone!

Havn't had time to come on here much, Aaliyah is such a good baby (hope she stays that way lol) she is asleep most of the time and when she's awake she just gazes around, I try not to mard her too much coz thats when the trouble starts, but I get my cuddles lol. So as I was saying, even though she's a good baby she takes up most of my time lol, feeding, changing, bathing etc...

I had a little cry the other night, I tried to give her a bath, the water temp was fine but when I put her in it she screamed like she was in pain, she was fine when I took her out though it just really scared me :( I wasn't very organised at it either I just felt hopeless and cried :( My mum helped me to bath her last night though but my neices were here so it was all a bit hectic and she screamed the place down then too. Gonna do it properly when the house is quiet. I don't know how single Mums do it on their own with no help, bathing Aaliyah really did scare the hell out of me. Everything else is fine though, ive always been rather careful around other peoples young babies and not knowing how to handle them, it' so different when it's your own though, most just comes naturally. :cheer:

My mum keeps saying ive had the worst labour out of her and my sister and they have 7 kids between them, she said I wouldn't know what normal labour was like because of what I went through, the birth story is just a fraction of it really so my sister keeps saying, she was with me and diddn't know how I took all the pain and being in labour for so long, my waters went 1st which made it more painful from the beginning. If people had dectected how big she was then i'm sure I would have had a section, I did have a growth scan but that was about 3lb odd off, Aaliyah is actually off the growth chart scale. I'm glad I did it vaginally in a way, I saw some of the women who had c-secs on my ward and they couldn't move for ages, don't like the look of them wee bags either lol.

The wee bags are horrible! They left mine near enough full for ages and my mum had to ask them about 3 times to empty it before it backflowed! C section's aren't too bad but I'm glad you got a natural birth hun. Congrats on your gorgeous big girly! xxx

omg she was a bib baby hope you and baby are okay congratulations tooxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow huge! How tall are you and her dad?

It sounds like a lot of hard work you went through. I hope you've managed to recover and are enjoying her. :)

Congratulations. :clap:

Hi

Congrats thats wonderful, what a big birth weight ..ouch :shock:
She is gorgeous
Katrina

congratulations hun well done!!!! great name by the way thats my daughters name.lol

tracyxxxx

Well done - congratulations. She is gorgeous - can't believe her weight though - ouch indeed!!

xx

A massive congratulation, she was a big un. They say your next is bigger :shock: :shock:

Londoner Claire said:
Wow huge! How tall are you and her dad?

It sounds like a lot of hard work you went through. I hope you've managed to recover and are enjoying her. :)

Congratulations. :clap:

me & her dad are about 5'8

DSC00037.jpg

me in labour during contraction, exuse the hair :rotfl:

DSC00041.jpg

i'd been at it for 30 hours, exuse how we look :think:

DSC00040.jpg

on mummy's chest

DSC00044.jpg

cuddles with daddy :lol:

Well done hun - bit of a trauma but glad you all got through it safely!

LBxx

Congratulations you did really well! She's gorgeous, i love the name!

Love Jade & Taylor x x :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back