older brothers and sisters

xrachx

Reaction score
how are you older kids with the baby?
my older ones are 19, 16 and 13.
The eldest is at Uni and he knows he is missing quite a bit of Glenn growing up, when he comes home for visits he feels like he has to spend a bit of time with him and he says he feels a bit sad that he isnt as close to him, My youngest was really good with him when he was a tiny baby, she still is but seems a bit peeved she cant hold the baby and be on the laptop at the same time as he is starting to wriggle and try to get away...lol
My second son who is 16 is fanastic with him, we have had a few problems with him of late too, being stupid, getting into trouble, hanging with the wrong crowd blah, blah but he loves Glenn and he even babysat last weekend while we went to a friends club, i didnt even ask, he just said, you can go if you want i will sit with him, i nearly fell over! i was a bit nervous leaving him but he changed his nappy and fed him (he usually feeds him though) lol but he put his nappy on back to front! the tapes were fastened at the back...aww at least he tried, but Glenn goes crazy when he comes home from college his little legs go and he squeels, does anyone else have an older son with a close connection with a baby like this? its lovely to see.

Not yet, but when this little man arrives i'm hoping George will have that connection with him that your son has.
I've been worrying that because George is 12 and has been an only child all this time he will start playing me up when the baby arrives. So far he has been great and likes to sit on a night and feel the baby when he kicks and he talks to my tummy :D

I really hope i am as lucky as you are with your kids.

awww im sure George will totally adore him, they do surprise you though especially boys, people think girls are better with them just cos they are girls and women have the babies so it makes sense that they should be more maternal, boys are much more caring.

Daniel and Alex adore each other. They all seem to adore Alex, but Dan has a special bond with him.

Dan looks after him great (we've had backwards nappies, wrong person clothes, backwards babygrows :lol: ). Now Alex is a little bit older, he goes to the shops with big brother, and all the lads love it. A cute toddler is a huuuuge bonus where girls are concerned :wink:

Louie is Joshs (6) shadow! he copies things Josh does too, but Georgia & Louie are very close too, shes 12 in july, so she can change him & feed him & stuff too.
i didn't realise you've got older children, i must have missed that one :oops:

Both my older kids love the baby, but it is my boy, Vic, who truly adores his little sis. She feels the same! When she sees him, her little face lights up and he gets these great big grins... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lisa

Yeah i also worry about the age difference.
Harrison is 6 and hes used to being a total mummys boy and getting his own way all the time, because hes so loved by EVERYONE.
Just not sure how he will be with the LO, even though we are now including him in everything, he even had a listen with the doppler the other night and now calls it his baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back