terrible 3s!?!?!?

Terrie

Reaction score
argh!!!

Rhys has been soooo stroppy this weekend!!!

He never really had the terrible twos.. hes always been really laid back and has never been one for throwing tantrums at all but i think now hes getting older and his brain cant engage in certain things (hes going through assesments for autism) he is beginning to get extremely frustrated with himself :(

For example when he wants to do something and he cant do it he throws a massive tantrum, he likes to get dressed himself and he gets all confused and ends up throwing his clothes across the room and curling himself up in a ball in tears :( its so hard to talk to him because he just wont listen to me.

Today we were at my inlaws and he wouldnt eat his dinner (because he couldnt cut his sausage by himself), he ended up screaming 'NO' at me then throwing his plate on the floor.. followed by throwing himself on the floor kicking his feet and crying :wall2:

Im just lost for what to do... tonight whilst we were cuddling i decided to go through all of his signing vocab with him whilst learning him some new signs too to help him deal with his emotions. It seems he had forgotten the sign for 'angry' so i showed him that a number of times so hopefully, along with the signs for 'sad' 'worried' and 'help me', he will be more relaxed 2moro.

Is there anything else i should be doing? I do discipline him for being naughty and he will sit in time out etc etc... *sigh* with colin being away this week its going to be tough!

:hug: You sound like you're doing an amazing job hun, how long before the results of the assessments hun?

Last edited:
we're waiting on a nursery visit.. *shrug* im hoping something definite will be sorted by the time he starts school in september.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back