Old wives tales - Starting labour

FallingStar

Reaction score
So what old wives tales have you heard about how to persuade Baby to arrive?
I'm not due til June 14th but ideally I'd like to have him at the end of May.. like I get to choose lol :D
Anyway, these are some of the things people have told me or that I've read.. anyone know any more?

Sex - Hehehe.. Hubby will be pleased!

Curry/Spicy food - Always good and another Hubby pleaser!

Raspberry Leaf Tea - suggested by a friend and my MW

Acupuncture - don't think I'd go that far :p

Jumping off a step - My Mum, bless her! Worked for her with my last brother, he was 10 days early (23 August) and she wanted him early so he didn't miss the 1 Sept primary school cut off date :D

Going down stairs sideways - Standing side on and stepping down each step slowly. Another from my MW, can help the baby's head lock in apparently.

So.. any more suggestions out there? I'm away for the weekend 14/15 May but as soon as I get back I'll be starting on the sex, curry, tea and step things asap :D Wonder if it'll work?

RLT wont bring on labour it will just aid the contractions

the things ive been told are

fresh pinapple - you need about 7 of them and its the core that is the best bit
blowing up balloons!- i think this applies pressure to the uterus
walking down the street 1 foot on the road 1 foot on the curb - works the same as going up/down stairs sideways
eating liquiroce- the purest kind is the best works like a laxative apparently
nipple stimulation - you need to do this alot brings on contractions

Not overly keen on the idea of pineapple cores.. and I hate liquorice! Ask me again if I go overdue though, lol :D
Blowing up balloons sounds easy enough, and it's our best friends kids birthdays, my birthday and our wedding anniversary all in May.. may have to go balloon shopping!
And as for nipple stimulation... well, a bit sounds ok.. but I dunno about a lot, could get painful!

Hadn't heard of most of those, thanks Midnight! xx

Yeah I think you have to stimulate each nipple for an hour each :shock: don't fancy that :lol:

I've never of the side stepping, might have to do this just for a laugh!

x

I'll def be going down stairs sideways after 37 weeks! Our house is over 3 floors so I have plenty of stairs to sidestep :) x

Well today Ivve done the going down the stairs sideways, ran to the footy fiield with my foot one foot on the curb and one foot on pavement, ran alll around the pitch with him. And im having chinese and hopefully something spicy thrown in tonight. Ive ran out of pineapple so that will have to wait until tomorow and cant do the sex :( not for another 10 days anyways.. I dont think anythings gonna get this baby to budge though .

iv heard hot baths can help, but I have tried all these and am still here :lol:!!

Yup, me too - have tried almost all of these and i'm still here too!

the reason why they havent worked is most of them are just coincidence unfortunatly but hey worth a try

Yep they must just work because baby is ready to come :)

I've had more pains today, feel like baby is scraping on my lady bits, had to keep stopping while I was wandering around town. My pants have been really damp TMI :lol: its actually disgusting!

But the most annoying thing, my toes have been numb for over a week, the ones on my left foot, its a horrible feeling! :wall2:

My friend told me something and I can't damned well remember what it was exactly - she went overdue and was sticking capsules of essense oil up there but I don't remember what it was, so do NOT try this unless you have it on good authority you have the right stuff. It also didn't ripen her cervix either, despite it supposed to have done.

Wish I knew what made me go 8 days early with my first. Everything just happened around the same time. I guess she was just ready.

Er I've heard of these

Nipple tweaking
Pinapple
Rlt
Sex - summat in the sperm
Going over rd bumps
Walking
Going down steps side ways
Bouncing on ya balls
Hot curry
Hot bath
Summat but for got name u rub on bump
Cleaning floor on hands n knees
Caster oil

Don't think any work although some may help if u r ready to go x x

Yeah I think you have to stimulate each nipple for an hour each :shock: don't fancy that :lol:x

I want to know who has the time to do this?

I've tried the hot baths, sex and pineapple. Still here though:lol:

Hi, A friend of mine said she had a straight Brandy and knocked it back which brought her labour on apparantly.. I guess it depends on whether you like Brandy or not, she wasn't a great fan of it nor was the baby...

x

Er I've heard of these

Nipple tweaking
Pinapple
Rlt
Going over rd bumps
Walking
Bouncing on ya balls
Hot curry
Hot bath
Caster oil

bouncing on ya balls hmmm summat you gotta tell us hahaha

Er I've heard of these

Nipple tweaking
Pinapple
Rlt
Going over rd bumps
Walking
Bouncing on ya balls
Hot curry
Hot bath
Caster oil

bouncing on ya balls hmmm summat you gotta tell us hahaha

Hahahahahaha trust u to notice that x

accuPRESSURE is also one I've heard.

I tried it with my first son and although I have no way of knowing if it's what started my labor or not, I tried a few of the reccommended pressure points the night before and the morning that I went into labor. Also, I was in labor for less 2 hours, pushed for about 10 or 15 minutes, had a natural birth with no complications. even if accupressure isn't to credit, I'd definitely say it's worth a try.

Walking up stairs / long walk.

Theres a flight of steps between two streets in our town - 99steps - and everyone in the town says its the best way. Worked for one of the girls at my work. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back