old wives tales

jodie_honey

Reaction score
have any of the old wives tales worked for u for goin into labour?
i know most of them dont work but just thought it wud be fun to see if any have worked for anyone?
my nan swore by castor oil for both hers! dangerous lady!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: have you been reading my posts recently?? Hahahahaha :rotfl:

Nothing has worked so far... :roll: although the regular sex has been nice :wink:

I have heard a few people who swear by brown sugar in hot water. Apparently 4 heaped table spoons of brown sugar in a half cup of boiled (and left to cool a little) water. I don't know if it does work but I thought it sounded bizarre! :?

KJL said:
I have heard a few people who swear by brown sugar in hot water. Apparently 4 heaped table spoons of brown sugar in a half cup of boiled (and left to cool a little) water. I don't know if it does work but I thought it sounded bizarre! :?

:think: :think: Interesting... Not heard that one before... I'm going to go try it.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
KJL said:

:think: :think: Interesting... Not heard that one before... I'm going to go try it.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I know it sounds strange, I heard about it the other day. A couple of people really swear by it though! Let me know if it works as I have decided I want my baby out next week :rotfl:

Squiglet
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 20:14 pm Post subject:
KJL wrote:
I have heard a few people who swear by brown sugar in hot water. Apparently 4 heaped table spoons of brown sugar in a half cup of boiled (and left to cool a little) water. I don't know if it does work but I thought it sounded bizarre! Confused

Think Think Interesting... Not heard that one before... I'm going to go try it.. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

No i've not heard that either....i might try it when i resort to my desparate measures....Castor oil 15ml in pineapple juice did start my fourth off after stop and start labour for a week, but in all honesty i was prob about to pop anyway i was 19 days over :shock:

Natural mamma said:
but in all honesty i was prob about to pop anyway i was 19 days over :shock:

19 days :shock: Please god I don't have to wait that long :pray:

Don't know of any that actually work. I had to be induced at 40 + 9.

The things I tried were Nookie, nipple stimulation, reflexology, hand massage and exercise. Nothing worked for me but they might have worked for others. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back