old style nappies

Gruntie2

Reaction score
I remember growing up that my aunt used fleece nappies that were folded like kites.. with a nappy pin and some waterproof pants....
just wondered... is there somewhere u can still buy these (including liners) and also somehow u can learn to fold them.. ( i think i remember how but not sure?)

Yes! They would have been terry cloth squares. I know there are various websites and I think that Mothercare now stock them. My friend used them, but recommended using muslin squares for newborns as they can be folded smaller and dry quicker. I can't remember how she folded them (although the kite shape sounds familiar), so will ask. I need to know anyway, as we plan to use cloth nappies.

thanx.. i think for my newborn i will use disposables.. then when he/she is a little bigger i will go into the terry cloths.... my mom is visiting from the usa next week so i can ask her as i think she used them on me.... so much cheaper and better for the enviroment ( i will use disposables when out and about though- can't see me folding a nappy in a public ladies toilet LOL.... )

Even though I have been using disposables, I have now decided to use Terris nappies because of cost and amount of extra waste a week we are throwing. I know it will be a pain to keep folding them so, I am going to sew nappies for Seb from the terries squares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back