oh ******************************************

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
Becky said:
Just in case you haven't figured it out yet - you're mad!!

The midwife expects the first few weeks to be chaotic and that you'll be prioritising baby and sleep over tidying up ESPECIALLY as you've had a section!! Relax and instead of worrying, try and think if there's any questions you want to ask her. :hug:

ME :shock: MAD :? :think: NEVER :shakehead: :fib: :fib: :fib:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What a stupid tizzy i got myself into earlier i was panicking like a crazy women possesed james and my Mam both told me off big time told me to shut up stop being silly sit down relax feed collier and let them tidy up. they also mirrored every word all you lovely ladies made and said she will not care about the mess.

Maureen my Middy didnt even look around she sat down and asked me how i was feeling how the labour had goen if i had any questions she cheacked my scra and helped me with my breast feeding problems

so it went very very well
god i was so over the stop going to hide in a corner now :oops: :rotfl:

the mid wife is on her way to inspect sorry come and see me

NOW :shock:
IM only up as i woke in pain and couldnt sleep ive only had 2 hours sleep as coliers passing oainful poos and needed feeding thought the night

the place is MESS i only got back from hospital yesterday we have not had the chance to tidy oh my god :cry: :cry: :cry:

im knew shw was coming but had not been given a time as to when i thought it would be the afternoon :eek:

oh f*** s*** damn it shes going to take one look at the place and tick me as a bad mum :cry: :cry: :cry: why did she have to come so early ive had no sleep james has had no sleep colliers tired he place is a nightmare with boxes presents dirty dishes paper work all over the place baby clother lotions nappies every where
the fouton bed out as my Mams hear, bed clothes on the seatte as im sleeping on there as i cant get in and out of bed its to painful

al ive heard from people is nightmare stories of being ticklisted to pass tests to be seen as i fit mum ie is the temp ok tick is thew baby room enviroment ok tick

if its not then they make you sort it out come back and inspect and to make certian youve sorted it and pass the bloody test :? :cry:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:cry:
right of now to do some serious cleaning i have one hour to make this place look better :(

:rotfl: :rotfl: I know I'll be the same but the MW is coming round to check you and Collier are both ok.....not to check if you've ran the hoover round and washed the dishes!!!

she sees new mum's all the time and just think of some of the state of some of the houses she mush see!! I bet she won't even notice that you've not tidied up.......with a newborn baby you can't be expected to have a tidy house!!

Aww don't worry about cleaning. I know how you feel because I'm like that when I know anyone is coming, but she knows what you have just been through and midwives don't expect new mothers to be getting right down to housework the minute they get home! I think they would rather you give full attention to your baby then care about some dirty dishes, laundry, etc. Congratulations, by the way! :D :D

I think it's dirt and muck they worry about. Not a bit of mess :) :hug:

okay Mrs, calm down. She isnt coming to ticklist the place, I have never heard of this. She is coming to check over colliers health and your health too.
Most places where there is a newborn baby looks like a cyclone has hit it, my own included.
You need to take it easy, you cant be running around stressed with that section wound, thats what James and your mum are there for. Let them take the pressure off.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey I made the mistake of tidying and the midwife said "Hey have you been tidying up? You're mad, hope it wasn't for my sake!".

If it makes you feel better get your mum or James to jam everything under the bed or in a cupboard but like everyone said don't worry - they're here to check you and Collier and not your post-birth (it's only been a few days mind!!) housekeeping! :lol:

Take it easy woman!!! :rotfl:

:wave: Hun you have just had majory surgery and she will be aware of that.
Like fuffins says its dirt not a bit of mess that would concern them.
Put your feet up and rest.

BREATHE!!!!

hun she is comin to make sure ur ok not 2 check on ur housework!!! u only came out of hosp y'day so she knows that you havnt had time or energy to do anyfin

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh dont worry. The first time the MW came to visit me I got up and cleaned and she came half way through me mopping the floor and OH MY GOD..... what a lecture I got from her.

She told me to sit down I had just had a baby and she comes to check the baby and I are well not take the white gloves out to check the dust.

It'lll be fine

Like all the other girls have said, do not worry! On my first MW visit she only styed for 10 minutes! You cannot be doing serious cleaning ths soon after a section, you could end up making recovery longer.

relax! she won't even notice :)

my midwife didn't even call before hand - just turned up while we were still in bed! :shock:

STAY CALM WOMAN..........lol

When my mum was on her placement with the community MW she was told that MW's see more concern for a spotless, clean house rather than a messy untidy house...... and the reason is if you have been tidying up all day/morning then you havent been spending bonding time with your baby.
The expect new mums to be all untidy, like you have much time to do anything else.

They would only have concern if the house was pure filthy and im sure yours isn't in that state.

awww..she'll understand hun..you can't be exprected to do all of that when you've only been back 1 night!

Hope it goes well!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

DONT YOU DARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Youre in no fit state to be tidyingh up and the midwife understands this, she isnt going to think your a bad mum!!

so long as collier is clean fed and cuddled then she cant do anythin!!!

STOP PANICKING WOMAN LOL

MissSara said:
STAY CALM WOMAN..........lol

When my mum was on her placement with the community MW she was told that MW's see more concern for a spotless, clean house rather than a messy untidy house...... and the reason is if you have been tidying up all day/morning then you havent been spending bonding time with your baby.
The expect new mums to be all untidy, like you have much time to do anything else.

They would only have concern if the house was pure filthy and im sure yours isn't in that state.

WHOOPS LOL i had to tidy mine - it wasnt clean tho. like i tidied an git oh to hoover. but i hadnt had major surgery :lol:

:twisted: DONT TIDY UP.

You've just had a baby- screw the bloody housework. My flat is still a complete tip- every time I tidy up the nappies, wipes, bags, clothes, dummies, bottles etc... I have to start all over again!

:hug: She won't care!

my midwife used to tell me off for tidying up. I haven't heard anyone say about a checklist thing?? Just relax and enjoy your baby.

My midwife and hv both told me not to tidy up and to forget about housework for the first few weeks. My first visit from the hv was about 2pm and when I answered the door she was surprised I was dressed and said they don't expect new mums to be dressed before tea time :D

Relax and don't worry, they are not there to trick you and catch you out :hug:

Well if tidiness is on the checklist I've failed :rotfl:

Honestly, midwives are generally lovely and won't give two hoots about the state of your house. She'll just want to check that you and Collier are OK and recovering well from your traumatic birth.

Best of luck :hug:

hope the MW was alright and i hope you didnt tidy too much. you should be taking it easy. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back