Oh What Fun!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Well back from my 36 week MW appointment (couple of day early due to Xmas).

Bubs is still breech, but then I knew that already :D So have to go back and see MW on New Years Eve, and then if he is still breech I go straight to the hospital for another scan to confirm - and then straight to see a consultant to discuss our options!

She has also explained that I may go into early labour, or at least my waters might go sooner rather than later........as apparently breech babies cause uneven pressure and he is also slightly engaged already! :shock:

Fingers crossed he stays put a while longer :)

Ellie this is what I am dreading :? Did she say what your options may be?

Jane x

Well sorry to hear bubs hasnt moved into a better position for you, still that's just nature sometimes, as long as they are looking after you, im sure all will be well in the end, take it easy and have a good christmas anyway. :hug:

reallyoldmum said:
Ellie this is what I am dreading :? Did she say what your options may be?

Jane x

I think you can guess :D

Only options are:
ECV
and/or C-Section
Some hospitals will do a breech delivery, but we think mine is footling breech, which means a definite c-section if he doesnt turn soon!

awww hun :hug: sorry he's not turned for you...... I imagine you've tried all positions, on all 4s etc.. etc

Sounds like they are looking after you though, which is good...

Do you think you would go for the ECV?

Hope it goes well for you hun and baby stays there for couple more weeks. :hug:

i hope bubs turns for you! :hug:

lol i may sound stupid but what is ECV?? :think:

*CLAIREBEAR* said:

You're no stupid! ECV is some sort of procedure where they try and turn the baby from the outside.... stands for External Cephalic Version.....

lisaspoon said:
*CLAIREBEAR* said:

You're no stupid! ECV is some sort of procedure where they try and turn the baby from the outside.... stands for External Cephalic Version.....

thanks lisa!!

eeek sounds painful!? :think:

We have decided we wont be going down the ECV route, as it only has a 50% success rate, and it can cause stress on bubs - and yes have heard it can be really painful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back