Oh my god!!!

hearts81

Reaction score
Hiya not sure where to post this but here'll do. I've just had the 2 scariest days of my life.

Wed-
I was sitting on the couch next to Reece and the phone rang. Without thinking i got up and answered it. It was a bloody marketing call! When i got rid i turned round and saw Reece lying face down on the floor totally still. Flew over to him and picked him up then he started screaming. He never stopped for over 20 mins. I was panicking like mad. Phoned hospital and they said if there's no bruises (which there wasn't) then he's most likely ok and probably just shocked. I was a nervous wreck all day and wouldn't let him fall asleep. Worried about him all night at work too.

8am this morning-
I was sitting on the couch next Reece reading the paper and he was ripping up a magazine as usual. After about 5 mins he made a noise and when i looked at him i saw he was choking!!! He was going blue and i sh*t myself. I've never been told what to do in this kinda situation. Tried pulling the paper out with my fingers but that never worked so i shook him about upside down. Eventually he was sick everywhere! I was so relieved. The incident probably only lasted seconds but it seemed like forever to me.

I'm think that i'm turning out to be a bad mum. I'm even crying now cos he looks so peaceful sleeping in his chair now but a few hours ago he was scared and helpless and i shouldn't have let him get like that. I'm the one who's supposed to protect him.

Who was there to stop him choking, and went to him when he fell????Accidents happen, and you stopped it before it got any worse, I think you acted fantastically with the choking, I would have just panicked. It is scary thinking what if and it s easy to blame yourself but Reece is ok, and that is due to you. You did protect him from harm. My earliest memeory is my mum dropping me on my face when I was very small, I know that she said she felt awful and guilty but I was ok and she was a fab mum. Don't beat yopurself up hun, sending big hugs ((())) xxx

Awwww thanks Beanie for that reply. You are so kind xxxxx

p.s- Tears flowing loads now!!!

Awww don't cry!
I was sitting right next to Mason on the settee once and he fell right onto the floor! Luckily he landed right on my trainers so it softened his landing a bit :)

Stuff like this does happen to people all the time, babies grow and become more mobile before you realise what they can get up to!

My post natal group did a first aid course...have you been offered anything like that? Ask your HV if there is something in your area.

My post natal group did a first aid course...have you been offered anything like that? Ask your HV if there is something in your area.

Ditto, I'm going on one next month :)

You're doing a fab job, accidents do happen. I'm scarred from knee to toe on my right leg as my mum left me on the floor when she was changing me and went to grab a pin for my nappy. I rolled into a saucepan that was on the floor that had my bottle in boiling water keeping it warm. Now I've got a baby I can't imagine how she felt, but it wasn't her fault. These things happen!

urchin said:

Might mention this to my post natal group as I am terrified that I won't know what to do in an emergency

Aw hun, please dont feel bad about this, accidents do happen, and it was you that was there to wipe away tears.
just think how bad my mum felt when i was 18months old and i leant against the door handle and fell out of the car when she went round the roundabout!!! :shock: Yeah, theres no wonder im a little bonkers!! LOL!!!

I think you did a great job, I know i would of just panicked!
I had a scare when my first was about 18 months and have never forgave myself for it. I was upstairs ironing and i must of only took my eyes off her for a few seconds and she fell down the stairs, from top to bottom. I really paniced and didn't know what to do. She had a couple of lumps and bumps but seemed ok. I kept and eye on her but started to think i should of rang an ambulance so i called nhs direct and they told me to take her straight to the hospital. Well it turned out she had broke her arm. I felt so bad, theres me not wanting to ring an ambulance cos i didn't want to call out incase there was nothing wrong. I'll be straight on the phone if anything like that happens again!

Yeah definitley, if in doubt dial 999
If it's not an emergency NHS direct: 0845 4647

Yesterday the glass around the light in our kitchen fell on the floor it was very heavy. I was in the kitchen about 10 minutes earlier with Kai waiting for his bottle to warm up and also that is where he sits when we have our evening meal.

If it had hit Kai, I dread to think what would happen, it would be bad enough for us, but for a little baby...it really has shaken me up and made me realise how much I love Kai.

Thanks for all your replies :)

You've all got your own horror stories eh? Hels :shock: your poor mam that must've been terrifying for her!!!!!

Cheers for link Hypnorm it's just what i need.

Thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxx

LOL...yup emphasises hoe important car seats are hey?! It was the norm back then to not have them, poor mum, atleast she can laugh about it now.
How you feeling now? hopefully not as bad, everyone has guilt tales as you can see. Chin up hun!

Hearts, don't feel bad, it happens to everyone. Accidents will happen.

I nearly fell down the stairs with Naomi in my arms the other day!

When my Mom was changing my brother one time, she turned away from the table for a second to get a nappy from the pack...I mean, literally turned her body, her feet didn't move. He rolled right off the changing table! When she turned back he was sat on the floor, giggling his head off. She was so upset!

Hels, when I was four, I used to wait at the corner to see my dad come in from work and "thumb" a lift with him as far as our driveway, a distance of about a hundred yards. One day he was in a hurry, and didn't stop, but I had already caught the door of the car. I was dragged all the way in and only for Dad had heard me scream, would have gone right under the tyre as he turned. I was grazed from cheek to ankle all down one side of my body, I'll never forget the sight of the wheel coming towards my head. Imagine how my dad felt, knowing that it was because he hadn't wanted to stop for whatever reason!

Horror stories indeed!

Sue

Hi

I hope you feel better now wow what stories thers have
:shock: .
Katrina

Thanks everyone i really feel much better now :lol: you are all great!!!

I've found i'm still a bit warey(sp?) round him and i wont let him play with anything thats not massive lol :D :D

Glad you're feeling better hun, can you imagine how i fely when Abi was 5 weeks old we went to mcDonalds and you know the big heavy toilet doors well i opened it and pushed her pram through and i was holding her in my arms and the door swung shut as i'd pushed the pram through and her head took the full impact i was devastated and couldn't stop crying (she was tiny too as she was prem)

Then i was walking her across the beach front yesterday and the sun was shining on her so i moved the parasol and it came off and the plastic bit smacked her right on the nose.

I keep telling myself accidents happen but still dont feel any better lol.

Chin up.

Oh manda the mcdonalds incident must've been awful for you bless

hope you feel ok bout yesterdays mishap xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27