Oh my god!

Haha loving these engagement stories!

Very exciting Ruth, but remember it may not be as soon as u think.. He may have other plans so just be prepared not to feel disappointed if it doesn't happen over this particular weekend! Xxxx

Aww hope ur right. I had a few false starts with my hubby, 1. Top of empire state he said to me....my cousin prooposed here yoy know it makes it very special...... I was like Yeh..... Then he just walked off and carried on completly shattering my hopes no2. Birthday in bed he brings me beautiful jewelry box and says I love you so much I know diamonds are a girl's best friend I opened...earrings he couldn't understand why I wasn't as pleased as him lol but at the actual time I'd long given up on him and figured he wasn't interested. He n I fought for first couple of days of holiday firstly he had a go at me for setting off alarm with my belt at airport we got searched....ring in bag obv I didn't know then as he kept insisting he pick my clothes (ring hidden in wardrobe and I didn't know he has never picked clothes before) he refused to go swimming with me (ring in pocket) refused to go in sea so I went without him and then came out of sea n he had written it in sand will u marry me.... I asked him if it was a joke... He said no of course not so I hugged him n the ring was perfect I felt really bad as he tried to be romantic we had been warned not to be at beach at sunset but he fort more romantic....then huge swarm of horse flys attacked him n he had to run up beach leaving me to pick up our bits n run after him. I still laugh today that he proposed then ran off with my ring!!!.I got it back off him when we got back to our apartment tho lol bless him he tried so hard n I just kept putting obstacles in the way x

Hahaha!! Love this x

Tapatalking. X

hahaha these stories are amazing, mine was quite different as me and OH had only been together less than 3 months (known each other for 4 at this point), I was on the loo doing my business when he texted me asking me to marry him. So I shouted that he had to ask me properly not whilst I was on the loo. At this point it was nearly midnight.
I got into bed not long after and thought he was asleep, was surprised he ended up cuddling me, then whispered in my ear asking if i'd marry him...I of course said yes and it was only then that we both realised on a tech he'd asked just after midnight which he found to be ace. The next day I got to choose my ring.

we spilt up and he was told by me that he had to ask me again. So after a child free night (whilst in tri 1 with my son) we were walking through some fields near my mums around midnight again, and he got down on one knee and asked me...typically it was pouring it down so we got soaked. lol x x x

Eeeeeeep! Exciting!!!!! Can't wait to hear.

Mine proposed on our third date. Just had to wait for my divorce till we could get married! Sometimes you just know it's right though, no point messing about when you've both been there and done that. He's the love of my life and we've proved everyone wrong!

Anyways, enough about me, have a brilliant time away....! Sounds like it's going to be a fantastic mini break!!! Xxxxx

Ooo Ruth I'm so excited for you!! Please make sure you keep us updated whatever is in the box :) xxx

OMG!!! :) how exciting!! sounds like it to me. Hope it is :) make sure u come back and let us know. Have an amazing time huni xxxx

Awww how exciting!

I found out OH was going to propose to me during our holiday last week but because I told my friend during a little tiff, that if he asked me during this holiday id say no, she repeated it to him so he didn't ask lol.. oops! Me and my moody hormones!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

All of your proposals sound so exciting compared to mine.

OH and I had already been together 8years, were living at my parents house after returning from backpacking, we were lying in bed watching tv and we were watching a show where someone was getting married (can't even remember what show!). We both just looked at each other, he said "you fancy doing that?", I said "yeah, why not." and that was the end of the conversation!
We went shopping for a ring, which I managed to break so I bought myself a new one on eBay and he slipped it on my finger whilst we were watching I'm a Celebrity!

Who says romance is dead hey?! Lol

Oooo good luck ruth!!!

Ive just recently got engaged. It was on my birthday in feb. We've been together for nearly 8 years. He refused to give me any of my birthday presents until the night time as we were going out for a meal (this made me suspicious lol). At the restaurant he went to the toilet and came back and handed me a phone case lol i was like hmmmm ok, he said "turn it over" and on the back is a picture of him holding a sign saying "Nichola Hopkinson i love you with all my heart, will you marry me?" Obviously i said yes and he give me the ring lol xx

I'm waiting to hear too :) xx

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back