Oh my god!

.Ruth.

Reaction score
I think my boyfriend is going to propose to me this weekend :shock:

The main reason being - I was putting some letters away yesterday and found a plastic bag in his filing cabinet with a small jewellery box in - I didnt look!

Last week was my baby shower and he said he was going shopping while it was on.. which I thought was very weird as he hates shopping. So I asked him what hes shopping for - he snapped at me and told me just to leave it alone!

He ended up going with his dad... and his dads partner said they were only going for a drive away from the women... and his sister said they were going for food ha.. mixed stories!!

I mentioned it to my mum and she said she had no idea what I was going on about and started laughing.. useless woman!

We are going to Windermere on Sunday for 2 nights for our 5 year anniversary and there seems to be so much fuss around it. All of his family seemed to have text or rang this morning to say they hope we have fun... and then whilst on the phone to his mum my boyfriend looked really startled and replied to her 'i cant really talk about it now'

he also bought me a watch 2 weeks ago and whilst in the jewellers had me looking at engagement rings...

If he doesnt propose I'm going to feel like a dick but I'm pretty certain he is!

I'm not saying anything to him but had to get it all off my chest hahaha.. what do you think?

sounds very promising to me!!!!! how exciting!!!! xx

I feel bad that I pushed it and now I can't stop thinking about it haha

I would still be shocked as hell though!!

It sounds v promising to me! Ahhh how exciting!!! You must update as soon as you can! So lovely! X

Ahhhhhhh exciting!!!!! Hope u have a lovely break & try to look surprise lol Cant wait to hear details & more importantly a ring pic x

Ahhh sounds like it to meeee :) :)

I kida new my OH was going to while in Egypt :) it was lush tho.. Star gazing in the desert ;)

Hope u have a luuuuush weekend hun and i bloody hope its not a pair of earrings lmao xx

Ahhh sounds like it to meeee :) :)

I kida new my OH was going to while in Egypt :) it was lush tho.. Star gazing in the desert ;)

Hope u have a luuuuush weekend hun and i bloody hope its not a pair of earrings lmao xx

Hahahaha if its earrings I won't be back on this forum!!

Ohhhh how exciting!!! Men are rubbish though, it was SO obvious when my hubby was about to propose that I failed to believe it was gonna happen, till he got down on one knee!!

Practise your surprised face ;-) xxx

And make sure you get your nails done for pics!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

That's so exciting!! Please let us know all about it! Have a lovely weekend! :) xxx

Enjoy your time away. I hope you don't spend it thinking every moment he will pop a ring out his pocket lol!

But atleast if he is acting a bit odd or nervous u know why :-D

I wasn't expecting mine at all in january and it was so unromantic that I wish id have known he was going to do it. The reason it happened when it did was because I was having a go at him haha! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Enjoy your time away. I hope you don't spend it thinking every moment he will pop a ring out his pocket lol!

But atleast if he is acting a bit odd or nervous u know why :-D

I wasn't expecting mine at all in january and it was so unromantic that I wish id have known he was going to do it. The reason it happened when it did was because I was having a go at him haha! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Lol that was the same for me. We were having a fight and I said he was never going to ask while I already picked the ring (he wanted me to choose one) months ago. He was waiting for the weather to get better but decided to propose that moment. I still regret being so bitchy as it felt I didn't deserve it at that moment. He thought that moment was perfect as I was showing him how much I wanted to marry him. Men :shock: xx

Oh hope so!!! Would be a lovely weekend! I had no idea whatsoever that I was getting a proposal when my oh did it. Mainly because I had always said I didnt want it to be on a special occasion and he did it on Christmas Day. Called my bluff!! Was the only time Ivd been speechless!!

Oh wow how exciting! All the signs are defo there for a proposal :) and as if you didn't look in the box........ That is some strength you have there Ruth. You have to let us know if he does it, hope you have a lovely time away, I've just got back from the lakes and was lovely xx

Lol that was the same for me. We were having a fight and I said he was never going to ask while I already picked the ring (he wanted me to choose one) months ago. He was waiting for the weather to get better but decided to propose that moment. I still regret being so bitchy as it felt I didn't deserve it at that moment. He thought that moment was perfect as I was showing him how much I wanted to marry him. Men :shock: xx

Haha yes shocking that he thought it was perfect timing lol! But atleast you have to story to tell (whether its good or not) I certainly wont show off my story.

I had just finished work and I work in a supermarket that is located in a shopping centre. I had just finished my 9 hour shift and was so tired as was just leaving the first trimester of pregnancy. He asked me to wait 5 minutes for him so we could go get something for dinner. After 20 minutes of waiting outside work I got annoyed. Then he turned up 35 minutes later from a different direction so I had a go at him. Moaned for making me wait for so long and for lying to me about where he had gone. He admitted he had been shopping and I snapped 'well I don't see no shopping bags!' And he said yh I brought this... and pulled out the ring.. there and then! And just asked me outside my flipping work! !

I also felt I didnt deserve it after moaning so much lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Ahhhhh!!! How exciting!!! :-D xxxx

Tapatalking. X

Haha yes shocking that he thought it was perfect timing lol! But atleast you have to story to tell (whether its good or not) I certainly wont show off my story.

I had just finished work and I work in a supermarket that is located in a shopping centre. I had just finished my 9 hour shift and was so tired as was just leaving the first trimester of pregnancy. He asked me to wait 5 minutes for him so we could go get something for dinner. After 20 minutes of waiting outside work I got annoyed. Then he turned up 35 minutes later from a different direction so I had a go at him. Moaned for making me wait for so long and for lying to me about where he had gone. He admitted he had been shopping and I snapped 'well I don't see no shopping bags!' And he said yh I brought this... and pulled out the ring.. there and then! And just asked me outside my flipping work! !

I also felt I didnt deserve it after moaning so much lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Aw bless him! And you couldn't know he was going to propose right there.
So Ruth please be nice to him all weekend otherwise you might always regret it :wink: xx

Ah how exciting!! Fx you're right!! I knew my OH was going to propose - we'd booked to go on holiday for our three year anniversary (which was my idea and the biggest hint I could think of!). Though he didn't actually propose on our anniversary as the moment wasn't right - did it the next day on the beach as the sun was going down (though it was more or less pitch black by the time he got up the bottle to ask!!). Good luck!! x

Haha Lydia im trying to be super nice!!

Thanks everyone.. I better had be right now hahaha... the shame if im wrong!!

Im on operation shave, tan and nails tonight :) xxx

Aww hope ur right. I had a few false starts with my hubby, 1. Top of empire state he said to me....my cousin prooposed here yoy know it makes it very special...... I was like Yeh..... Then he just walked off and carried on completly shattering my hopes no2. Birthday in bed he brings me beautiful jewelry box and says I love you so much I know diamonds are a girl's best friend I opened...earrings he couldn't understand why I wasn't as pleased as him lol but at the actual time I'd long given up on him and figured he wasn't interested. He n I fought for first couple of days of holiday firstly he had a go at me for setting off alarm with my belt at airport we got searched....ring in bag obv I didn't know then as he kept insisting he pick my clothes (ring hidden in wardrobe and I didn't know he has never picked clothes before) he refused to go swimming with me (ring in pocket) refused to go in sea so I went without him and then came out of sea n he had written it in sand will u marry me.... I asked him if it was a joke... He said no of course not so I hugged him n the ring was perfect I felt really bad as he tried to be romantic we had been warned not to be at beach at sunset but he fort more romantic....then huge swarm of horse flys attacked him n he had to run up beach leaving me to pick up our bits n run after him. I still laugh today that he proposed then ran off with my ring!!!.I got it back off him when we got back to our apartment tho lol bless him he tried so hard n I just kept putting obstacles in the way x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back