OH in delivery room

stace914 said:
thanks so much for the reply's girls. they have actually really helped, i almost don't even want him to be there now. it would be really emberassing.

his sister offered to be in the room, she doesnt have any children... i might scare her. i dont think i would want my mother there, she is too stressful. lol

i would almost prefer to do it all alone now.

Just because she doesn't have kids doesn't mean she wouldn't be good at it- do you get on with her? If so then maybe you could watch some births on TV together or maybe she could come to antenatal classes with you? Otherwise a friend as Urchin says? To be honest there's no way I wanted MY sister in law there even though she does have two kids although there were two friends of mine without kids who I would have had there and who did offer. It's actually an amazing thing to witness, I'd jump at the chance myself if anyone asked me! I would only have been embarrassed about the pooing in front of my OH- it wouldn't have bothered me with a female friend there, or even my Dad funnily enough, just OH- I guess it's just that I'd like some mystery left!! Don't worry too much about it for now but why not sound some friends out about it and see if they offer? Other than that you can hire a lady called a Doula whose job is to be the birth partner...? It's an incredible thing to witness, truly one of life's most amazing events! I don't think you'd scare your sister in law, women are able to see past the kind of thing that a squeamish OH might not I think, if she's offered she probably means it?

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back