OH didnt get the job...

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
Its quite tragic for us really, Liam went for a job, got through the tests at the beginning, got shortlisted for further interview, did the best he possibly could of during the motorskills test (though his maths wasnt brilliant)

when i spoke to him about the interview he told me that he had said this

<interviewer> where do you see yourself working in the future
<Liam> Oh i dont believe people can really know what they want to do until they are thirty...

<interviewer> Why do you want to work with our company
<liam> well I love working with my hands so really wanted to be a carpenter, but there are no careers avaliable in carpentry so engineering is the best way i can do that

<interviewer> What do you know about the company
<liam> I know the name of the CEO...

Now this has royally wound me up, i told him not to say half that stuff (i am excellent at interview) and i dont see how half of that is even true! admittedly he would LOVE to be a carpenter but there are no jobs in it, let alone apprenticeships and hes already done a years training in carpentry to have it go nowhere, we NEEDED him to get this job

The company he was applying for did a four year apprenticship, he would get paid 10k a year for 4 years and then be elligable to earn up to 60k all over the world :( :(

How was it SOOOOO unimportant to him that he just ignored everything we researched and studied, we even looked up planes so he could tell them he was really interested in avionics and give them some details about planes that they had made and how facinating he found them so that they would think he was really interested

I am annoyed because i have this baby ready to come out in a couple of months and we have no job security, nothing for the future you know

I have looked at other options and we are going to get Liam onto an open university course studying Maths and Physics so that next year he can go to Uni and study engineering there,

thing is i dont know what help we will recieve as a married couple if one of us is at home with the baby and the other is at Uni, i think i will have to work a few hours a week and hopefully find somewhere not too expensive to look after the baby but i cant even see any option for benefits or help for people in our situation, if i was a single parent i would get loads of help, if Liam was a single parent at Uni he would get loads of help

but together we are stuff

am feeling very sad today and like a great opportunity has been lost for no reason.

Oh he has been put on a 'reserve list' whatever the hell that means!

:( Sorry he didn't get the job hun :hug:

Oh dear - Im sorry too. Is there an advice centre/group at the university that he plans to go to? You could contact them and perhaps go and see them, they would know all about benefits and grants etc. Im starting to brick going back to uni next year, Im sure it will all pan out but I still worry about costs and childcare even though we are fortunate to have a network of family willing to help out.

I hope that the reserve list means that he will get the job if the other person decides not to take it :hug:

its such a covetted position though, i very much doubt that any of the 9 will turn it down... and whose to say he is at the 'top' of the reserve list...
hes going to study Maths and Physics throughout the next year and then try again in February so he has still got a fair chance of doing it, before uni becomes a factor, we will have to apply this september though and hope they accept him, i really dont know what i would do if he had to live away from home :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back