Need to decide about Brians job

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Brian is a bench joiner, meaning he makes stuff out of wood he has been at the same place for 12 years and the job has no prospects . We have been looking about for a job but there is not much doing what he does.

He has been offerd a job at a wood yard which includes 13 weeks training to become the site foreman which could open doors. Problem is it looks like its going to be permenant back shift, the guy offering the job couldnt guarentee the shift would change at all.
Brian was going to call him and knock the job back today and then keep looking for something else.

he went to work this morning and his boss called him into office and started talking about how nobody at work worked as a team and there was loads of bitching and that if he was to close the workshop and keep the building side going he would manage fine. Brian works in the workshop.
Brian was saying to him that he reckons the workshop can work, and told him he had been offered another job and eventually his boss started saying he thought he could turn the workshop around.
Now we dont know what to do, Brian doesnt want to take back shift but we dont want to not have a job at all.
Brian is thinking that his boss is wanting to try and get the workshop runing properly, but i think its not the frst time he mentioned it.

I dont want Brian to be unhappy with his shift but on the otherhand im terrified of him having no job.

He has to decide today whether he is taking this job or not and we dont know what to do for the best

It's only the two of you that can decide what to do for the best but I just wanted to wish you luck and hope things work out for him :) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back