Oh dear!!

Rachey

Reaction score
We live in a 4 in a block kinda flat, we're in the top flat and the stairs up to the front door were badly needing re-done! The guys have been out today to get rid of the staircase and start building a new one, and the top 3 steps have just totally crumbled! Dunno how we're going to get out the house until they've sorted it!

The guys talking to OH just now and he mentioned putting a board from the door to the 4th step down! Doesn't sound too good to me :shock:

God knows how I'm going to get to work tomorrow :eh:

Oh my!! Just be careful in your condition!! Doesn't sound like the safest of solutions!! X

Blimey! Just be careful where you step. Doesn't sound like a safe option to me!

Are you with the council? I'd be on the phone to them tomorrow saying that its not suitable and if you fall they will be held responsible!

Did you manage to sort it? Hope you are safe! xx

this isnt good hun. make sure you are very careful. xxx

blimey that doesnt sound good hun

I would have told them it was unacceptable to leave it in that state for anyone bu especially for a pregnant woman, and got them to sort something out straight away

Id be worried about going on the stairs at all lol

Went to work and back today safely but I won't be going out again until it's sorted. I've took tomorrow off and luckily I'm off the rest of the week. The guys are here today and they've still not properly sorted it, we've told them that it has to be done tonight and they've said it will be, so hopefully later on we will have a full set of stairs again!

I'm usually quite laid back about things but they told us before they started that at all times we would still be able to access the house, if we had known that it would be like this we would have arranged to stay somewhere else for a couple of nights. I refuse to keep walking across a board down to the 4th step so it had better be sorted soon. I usually wouldn't be so bothered but I'm not risking it again incase I fall for babys sake!

God I'm such a moaner :lol: Sorry ladies!

xx

Last edited:
Stairs still not fixed, we don't even have a set of stairs atall now! The guys have been here again today. All we have is a bit of what was the stairs to stand on right at the door, then we'll need to climb over to the ladder. It's only 9ft but I'm terrified :eh:

Here's what it's like..

They're taken from just inside the front door.
I can see myself stepping right out to put the bin out half asleep in the morning and forgetting we don't have stairs :lol:

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

Last edited:
That's ridiculous. I live in a 4 block upper flat so I know how horrendous that must be. There must be something they can do, they can't leave you with no stairs. I hope it gets sorted soon for you xx

I'm really hoping so too Emma! It's a total pain. Fair enough I could still manage up and down but it just seems so unsafe to me. I don't understand how they can call that still having 'access' to the house. We have OH nephews christening to go to tonight but I'm not sure about going now, I will likely get moaned at if I don't go but I really don't fancy trying to climb down!

The guys went away early today cause the rain and said there was nothing else they could do because you can't use cement when it's raining or something?(I'm clueless:lol:) Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow!!

Why dont you just phone in and explain to your manager about the situation...since you have the picture of it and looks unsafe.. if I was you I wont bother going in cos you far more important,,, (god forbid) what if you fell down.. too risky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back