bad news / good news (not trog-related)

purple13

Reaction score
bad news first - this is our bathroom... :shock: :shock:

DSC00309.jpg

we currently have no floor in the hall, airing cupboard, bathroom or 1/2 of our bedroom. and no water tanks at all. everything everywhere is dusty and grimy :( :wall: :wall:

the good news is that i'm on maternity leave :cheer: :cheer: but as i can't even think about nesting til we have new floors and a bathroom again, i'm climbing the walls a bit.

the loss adjustor was lovely, and everyone who's dealt with us since has been amazing... we're currently staying in an hotel and :pray: :pray: we'll be moving into a short let flat tomorrow whilst the work is being done. i'm going to move all trog's stuff to the other flat tomorrow so that i can keep it clean and together in one place.

despite this all being such bad timing, i'm starting to feel a bit more cheerful now; we're going to get the whole flat recarpeted whilst we've got somewhere else to live, and our builder is going to repaint the flat when he's finished too. so if trog stays put for long enough, we may just have a shiny good-as-new flat to move back into before he's born.

but the short term let flat doesn't have internet access so i'm not gonna be around much for a bit - good luck to everyone in the meantime though!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:( :( :( for your bathroom

but

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for maternity leave!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks girls. i know things could be lots worse so i'm keeping smiling. just get :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: when i see other posts about everyone's lovely nurseries, but that's cos i'm sooo jealous :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: aww hun, you've still got 5 weeks to get it sorted, chances are baby will be late anyway

ahh, so i'm not the only one who cant do up the nursery yet :hug: sucks doesnt it?

but sounds like you'll end up with a lovely house and hopefully in time for the baby :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back