First NCT antenatal class tonight!

kaybee

Reaction score
Can't believe how quickly it's come round...!

I'm a bit nervous though. We decided to join the NCT ones to make some friends as we don't know anyone with a baby and have no family close by for support. But now I'm really scared! I'm can sometimes be a bit shy when I first meet people and am worried that I won't click with anybody and that they'll all get along well and I'll be the quiet one in the corner! DH is really chatty though, which means he'll probably make me look even quieter!

Anyone else been to NCT classes? What did you do in your first one? And have you made friends?

So many questions! :D

I just went to my NHS ones - there were only 4 of us, and we all get along really well and keep in touch, although Im the last to have my baby!!!

One of my good friends went to the NCT ones and the girls now meet up every Tuesday evening now, so sounds like you will meet lots of people (I think there were 10 couples on my friends NCT course).

Have fun :D

I am looking at booking onto these because i cant get any locally

Lemme know how it goes

Hope you have fun! xxx

Enjoy! I went to NCT classes, and TBH they weren't any more informative than books or reading stuff on PF! But the friendships I made there have been invaluable - we all met up 2 or 3 times a week in the first days of maternity leave before all the babies arrived, cos we were all so bored of waiting, then once the babies arrived we all met up at least once a week, and nearly a year on, we still do. Don't worry about being shy - everyone's in the same boat there, and the teacher's bound to know that lots of people are there to make friends. Ours made us all exchange emails/numbers so we could stay in touch, cos we were all sitting there in the last class and nobody dared say "does anyone want to go for coffee?"! So glad we all stayed in touch now, it's really nice to see all the babies growing up and how much they've all changed, and we're having a joint birthday party for them next month :D :D

Ellie_P said:
Enjoy! I went to NCT classes, and TBH they weren't any more informative than books or reading stuff on PF! But the friendships I made there have been invaluable - we all met up 2 or 3 times a week in the first days of maternity leave before all the babies arrived, cos we were all so bored of waiting, then once the babies arrived we all met up at least once a week, and nearly a year on, we still do. Don't worry about being shy - everyone's in the same boat there, and the teacher's bound to know that lots of people are there to make friends. Ours made us all exchange emails/numbers so we could stay in touch, cos we were all sitting there in the last class and nobody dared say "does anyone want to go for coffee?"! So glad we all stayed in touch now, it's really nice to see all the babies growing up and how much they've all changed, and we're having a joint birthday party for them next month :D :D

That's exactly why I wanted to join!

Well, it went OK. We just all sat around and the leader put us into groups to do some quizzes and chat about what we hope to learn - although it seems a lot of it will be stuff you can learn elsewhere she said she'll try and offer varying opinions to help us make certain decisions etc. There were 9 couples in total, all from quite a spread out area so I hope it's not too hard to keep in touch. The leader seems to know that it's good to be social - this weeks she's suggested that we all go to the pub after, to help break the ice!

So it was good, but a bit weird sitting there thinking we don't know each other at all now but we're probably going to end up as friends! :lol:

I'm glad it went well at your first class :D

My OH and I are starting our course on the 7th March. I'm a bit concerned now as thats only 6 weeks off my due date :shock: and looking at your ticker your only 1 week and 4 days ahead of me and you've started your course already. I hope I'm with ladies that are due at a similar time as me because I've joined for the same reason as you to make new friends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back