odd

BevG

Reaction score
something is going on with Alyssa.
shes only taking 3 oz or so of her bottles, is easily upsen and whingey, has runnier poop than normal and shes sleeping a fair amount today.

is this all teething? shes got the drooling and hand chewing down, and calms down when given teething gel or a bit of calpol. shes warm to the touch when shes upset but fine again after calpol and when shes calmed down. atm shes having like 1 2.5 ml spoon of calpol a day and teething gel whenever she seems upset. i figure after her weight gain last week maybe shes not needing lots at the min and when shes happy and settled she seems fine, shes just fidgety while asleep and disturbs a lot. i dunno what else it could be

From what I remember Dylan did the same (many years ago lol) when he was teething hun so could be. x

Sounds like teething to me...its fever-ish type sypmtoms they get, but with both my LO's it has only been kinda bad for like 24hrs or so then ok for a week - basically on & off, if it goes on for more than a couple of days I duno if i'd check for something else with doc (just incase). Duno what other ppl's experiences are but with my LO's they've only been particulary bad for a day then not.

xxxxxxx

Sounds like teething. G is doing the same. Some days are better than others. Xxx

its like the bottle hurts her mouth or something cos shes happier with the boob tho fussing and chewing on it, hitting me when it gets empty lol

Sam is the same :( I've managed not to give calpol yet but have given some gel which he did not appreciate . X

What size bottle teets you using hon ? C

Hi bev we are getting the same here Im 99 per cent certain its teething. Im gonna look into nelsons teething granuals its a herbal remedy i just gotta check the age on it. Joshy has had the hand chewing a dribbling for weeks but now hes stepped up a notch hes inconsolable at times, like you calpol and teething gel helps but he wont nap which adds to the griaaliness. I defo sounds like it could be teething for you too....Inever thought it would happen this early. Hes been so grizzly the past few days so hopefully it wont last too much longer. Josh has no appitite either or its hurting him to suck because he literelly stops mid feed to chew his hands

shes on the 0+ variflow teats, i did try her back on the normal 0+ ones but she acted the same. i can only get her to take 3oz at the most of a bottle but she will happily feed off me. i think shes getting enough but its just not her normal behaviour to cry at the bottle like that even if she dosent want it. she takes it better if shes rocked a bit while feeding.

Bless her. Hope she gets back to normal soon :hug: xxxxxxx

me too poor thing her cheeks are so red it makes her whle face look flushed but shes not too hot or anything

G's being right grissly just now. what a carry on we had with the dummy last night, she was biting it rather than sucking it, with the result she kept dropping it and getting angry instead of going to sleep. shes been really upset (even though shes barely awake) the past couple of mornings, ended up in beside me at 5am. xxx

aww o god yeah cant use the dummy right now unless its as a teething gel delivery system lol, i coat the teat in gel n use it to rub it into her gums but without the gel she just chomps on it n gets angry, she always spat it out anyway really but now shes trying to get it so its just on her gums to chew but she cant manage to do it. poor lil things arent even old enough to hold teethers yet :(

I am so not looking forward to this! I think I'll have the calpol and daddy can have the baby lol

aww o god yeah cant use the dummy right now unless its as a teething gel delivery system lol, i coat the teat in gel n use it to rub it into her gums but without the gel she just chomps on it n gets angry, she always spat it out anyway really but now shes trying to get it so its just on her gums to chew but she cant manage to do it. poor lil things arent even old enough to hold teethers yet :(

thats exactly the problem we have. ive been putting the dummys in the icebox of the fridge, G takes them if they are cold. xxx

i will try that later, got teething powders and they seem to work quite well so far :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back