.. October 2016 Mummies - Third Trimester - Final Round ..

Anyone bought an electronic breast pump? Wanted recommendations. And i heard tomee tippee feeding bottles are the ones to get. I intend to breastfeed but will pump for night time feeds hubby can help.out i hope lol

This is the breast pump I bought when I had my son last year. It's not cheap but is great.
https://www.ardobreastpumps.co.uk/b...e-breastpump?gclid=CIu469_qm84CFZQK0wod-MoFjA

It's nhs approved because it's seals to stop contamination etc. It's reasonably quiet and comes with different cone sizes for different boob sizes.

We used the tomee tippee bottles too. They were great, but really just depends on your baby unfortunately...most people get on Fine with them though x

It looks good Dodsy. More attractive since its nhs approved. How soon after giving birth can you express milk. Ofcourse i want the close contact with my baby and breastfeeding. A friend of mine started expressing after 3 weeks of having her daughter

We used avent bottles with my lg and I've bought some this time round just in case. I pumped in hospital with a medela swing, which is fab but pricey! Sadly, I was on strong painkillers in the end so couldn't give her breast milk anymore x

I've got a medals Swing from last time. Gonna attempt that again.

What Moses basket you all got? Cx

I opted for the snuzpod instead of moses because the top comes off and can be used as a day bed or we will use the pram carrycot. Could not justify it again we only used it a couple weeks.

Bottles we used TT and Avent last time probably use them again. I've bought TR ones and a micro TT steriliser and will probably go ocd and get the perfect prep all matching - saddo :lol:

Here's me at 31 weeks (officially tomorrow). Wha single digits already! How did that happen?!

xxxxx

Attachments

• 2016-07-31-13-30-43.jpg
    2016-07-31-13-30-43.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 18
My lovely mum is buying me a snuzpod as I like co-sleeping with baby and this makes it safer, also I used to use the avent bottles however this time I got the tommie tippee as I like the sterlizer in black (my kitchen is black and white so it matches perfectly!!) X
Where has the time gone? Cannot believe how quickly this year has gone, x

I havent got any bottles! Should i get some? I didn't even think. We got the chicco next to me i just fell in love and my sister went and bought it for us!

I don't have any bottles and I won't be buying any til I need them. Supermarkets here are mostly open 24 hours so will just send hubby out to get them if needed. x

Any recommendations for nappy changing bags? I want a biggish one nothing small so can use it for a while even when baby nappies and clothes get bigger etc. I ordered a bag i really liked from kidits however out of stock :(

I got a moses basket from mother care it was on sale. Also got an electronic swing. Couldnt resist :)

I have the Tiba + Marl Elwood Floral print back pack.

I need to be hands free with having a toddler and new born!

xxxx

Omg ive just realised 31 weeks Claire! Where is time going! I haven't got my pram yet (still cant decide :/) so leaving changing bag when i get that so itll match.

Are you going to use a sling for newborn Claire? What is the age diff between Jackson and Carter?

Im really tempted to get a bouncer /rocker too but im going to just make sure i have everything i need first. Might get it as a Christmas present from Santa!

Omg ive just realised 31 weeks Claire! Where is time going! I haven't got my pram yet (still cant decide :/) so leaving changing bag when i get that so itll match.

Are you going to use a sling for newborn Claire? What is the age diff between Jackson and Carter?

Im really tempted to get a bouncer /rocker too but im going to just make sure i have everything i need first. Might get it as a Christmas present from Santa!

I know. Its scary. A girl in work is 4 weeks ahead of me and finishes work on Friday, I just cant believe how little time I have :lol:

I didn't go for a wrap/sling - I went for a carrier, but hopefully will only use this like when I go for a food shop etc. Nursery runs I expect to use the pram and get myself exercised and lose some flab as Jackson's nursery is all up hill :lol: and I live 3 floors high so, will be alot of exercise so good to have the carrier option if I cant do the hill for whatever reason. I didnt need one for Jackson so hoping I dont need one - but open to it I guess.

I had a vibrating bouncer with Jackson, nothing fancy was just a wee bright starts one from Argos but did the trick - its really handy for mornings I thought like when I was in the shower or whatever Id plunk him in the bouncer for a bit and sort myself. This time we got a decent deal on a Mamaroo which is basically an all singing/dancing one but I just got this to save like a bouncer, a swing, a beanbag, day bed, this does it all and wont have loads all over the place as we dont have the room for it.

Jackson will be 3 years and 9m by the time Carter comes. Which is a decent age I think. We did plan earlier but thankfully waited! Next baby will definitely wait until both are in school! School, work and nursery is hard to juggle!

xxxx

Hi girls, not been on here in ages as just use the Facebook group mostly. Hope everyone is doing ok and prep for newarrivals is going smoothly, 30weeks tomorrow and it still doesn't feel real!

I felt baby hiccups for the first time this morning. I got so excited! xx

Awww lovely! Anyone elses baby jump at everything lol. Any loud noise at all seems to scare the crap of the little one!

Awk Claire that's a great age gap, means Jackson can understand a bit more too :) im in two minds about sling, i like the idea of it.

Last edited:
We watched London has Fallen the other day with lots of loud bangs and gunfire - baby really kicked up a fuss in there when it got noisy!

I'm picking up a second hand close caboo organic carrier tonight. Found it on a Facebook selling group. I hope it will be ok. I guess ones you borrow from a sling group are all used and I can always take it to one to get checked.

Hi All. Anyone thinking of having a 4d scan or already had one?

I'm sure it'll be fine deb.

We were thinking of getting one early on but then we had a talk and decided we wanted to wait and see what he looks like as we know the sex and name.. but I think they are fab. We had a glimpse in 3D at the gender scan but it was way too early then to make out features I was only 16w xxx

xxxx

We are in the exact same boat as you Claire! Got a glimpse at 16 week gender scan in 3D but couldn't tell features, but knowing she's a little girly and having her name set in stone since 16 weeks, want to leave something a surprise haha! Although I wish it would hurry up as I just want to meet her already! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back